The Atlanta Highrise Boom!

Martinman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone curious as to some of the street level retail for the new Terminus complex?

Voila'

image_2720287.jpg

Terminus, a new oval restaurant hub in Buckhead that will house four eateries, serving burgers to sushi, is shown in a rendering.

Terminus will put four flavors under one roof

Read the full story here:

New dining options scheduled for Terminus.

This should help everyone visualize how the retail/restaurants will be layed out:

http://www.terminus-atlanta.com/pdf/Termin...ans_retail1.pdf

Anyone curious as to some of the street level retail for the new Terminus complex?

Voila'

image_2720287.jpg

Terminus, a new oval restaurant hub in Buckhead that will house four eateries, serving burgers to sushi, is shown in a rendering.

Terminus will put four flavors under one roof

New dining options scheduled for Terminus.

I hope it ends up looking like that. That model is amazing!

Condo/retail/art complex planned for Midtown - AJC

Atlanta developer John Wieland has purchased one of the most sought-after sites on Peachtree Street with plans to build an "architecturally significant" complex of condominiums with street-level retail space and a 15,000-square-foot art gallery.

The property, now occupied by office buildings, is across the street from the Woodruff Arts Center in Midtown. Although the price Wieland paid for the property was not disclosed, a prepared statement from the arts center said it exceeded the minimum offer specified by the center's real estate task force.

And the beat goes on....

There is an interesting article in the AJC on the now UNDER CONSTRUCTION Mansion on Peachtree tower.

Mansion.jpg

I like this quoted section....quite interesting to say the least.

Ground was broken this week on the Mansion, a $165-million, 50-story mixed use tower that will have a luxury hotel and 42 condominiums each starting at $3 million.

"Arthur and I are co-investors on the Mansion," said Williams, who added that most of the project is being financed by the Williams Realty Fund. "It will be the tallest building in Buckhead by 200 feet. It's going to be a wonderful lifestyle for people."

Okay so it will be the tallest building in Buckhead by 200 feet. Well right now the 486' Park Avenue Condo tower is the tallest building in Buckhead. Does this quote means that the Mansion will be 686'? We will assume that he is referring to inventory already there...not the 3344 Peachtree building. The Buckhead skyline will be quite impressive.

Specs on the Mansion

Lady Celeste its getting to the point where I don't think Next Wave is a good enough description for all thats going on in the city. With nearing 20 towers under construction and around 50 tower proposals, is it time to call this the Atlanta high rise boom?

Your wish is my command..........

Okay so it will be the tallest building in Buckhead by 200 feet. Well right now the 486' Park Avenue Condo tower is the tallest building in Buckhead. Does this quote means that the Mansion will be 686'? We will assume that he is referring to inventory already there...not the 3344 Peachtree building.

I believe that is correct that the Mansion will be the tallest until 3344 Peachtree is built. It's funny because I remember when Terminus was proposed and the builders were saying that Terminus would be the tallest building in Buckhead by over 100 feet. It almost seems like every time you turn around, a new "tallest" building is proposed.

That Buckhead skyline is going to look so amazing when these three monster buildings get completed.

I believe that is correct that the Mansion will be the tallest until 3344 Peachtree is built. It's funny because I remember when Terminus was proposed and the builders were saying that Terminus would be the tallest building in Buckhead by over 100 feet. It almost seems like every time you turn around, a new "tallest" building is proposed.

That Buckhead skyline is going to look so amazing when these three monster buildings get completed.

I agree Topped....the Buckhead skyline will look amazing once these and the CityPlace development is added to the skyline.

As far as the tallest, if the Mansion is going to be 200' taller than Park Ave then that would mean that 3344 Peachtree would have to be at least 687' tall to become the new tallest. Why was I thinking that 3344 Peachtree would be 650' tall?

Martinman, why are they saying a "yet unnamed development?" I thought they were calling this development Trilogy?

I agree Topped....the Buckhead skyline will look amazing once these and the CityPlace development is added to the skyline.

As far as the tallest, if the Mansion is going to be 200' taller than Park Ave then that would mean that 3344 Peachtree would have to be at least 687' tall to become the new tallest. Why was I thinking that 3344 Peachtree would be 650' tall?

Martinman, why are they saying a "yet unnamed development?" I thought they were calling this development Trilogy?

Thats what was on the Midtown Alliance website. Maybe they haven't settled on the Trilogy name.

My only gripe with Novare....and perhaps this is me not being urban minded enough....but their units are so small. I think the Gallery has some of the larger units and even they are small. How do you live in 1300 sq ft? Even if I was a single woman, 1300 sq ft would make me feel boxed in. Can Novare just make one building with units between 3000 and 8000 sq feet? I wonder is their unit size the reason they can keep their price points relatively low.

My only gripe with Novare....and perhaps this is me not being urban minded enough....but their units are so small. I think the Gallery has some of the larger units and even they are small. How do you live in 1300 sq ft? Even if I was a single woman, 1300 sq ft would make me feel boxed in. Can Novare just make one building with units between 3000 and 8000 sq feet? I wonder is their unit size the reason they can keep their price points relatively low.

Go to IKEA. They have a mock-up titled: "Living in 377 sq. ft."

And actually, it's pretty cool. Sort of reminds me of some New York apartments, only nicer.

Okay, is it me are are we seeing a whole bunch of newly annouced development in Atlanta of late. I have given up on trying to keep up with it all. I mean really, how many new residential units are proposed, under construction or newly announced? CityPlace at Buckhead is 3800 alone. There has to be close to 20,000 (if not more) residential highrise units prop, U/C or newly announced. That's not even considering mid and lowrise residential development. Then you have the growing retail environment. I'm starting to get dizzy thinking of it all. It's as if Atlanta is finally starting to have that Miami development stage. All this inside the perimeter. I'm utterly amazed. I guess while we may be softening businesswise, we are picking up residentially. Atlanta is maturing right before our eyes.

Okay, is it me are are we seeing a whole bunch of newly annouced development in Atlanta of late. I have given up on trying to keep up with it all. I mean really, how many new residential units are proposed, under construction or newly announced? CityPlace at Buckhead is 3800 alone. There has to be close to 20,000 (if not more) residential highrise units prop, U/C or newly announced. That's not even considering mid and lowrise residential development. Then you have the growing retail environment. I'm starting to get dizzy thinking of it all. It's as if Atlanta is finally starting to have that Miami development stage. All this inside the perimeter. I'm utterly amazed. I guess while we may be softening businesswise, we are picking up residentially. Atlanta is maturing right before our eyes.

This is exactly what Atlanta needs! As growth continues hopefully it will go south, be done well, and we can just forget about everything north of 285.

The Business Chronicle reports that a development group will start construction in March of a $90 million 20 story tower for seniors. It's being funded in part by John Williams (formerly of Post) and in part by Horst Schulze (a founder of the Ritz Carlton hotels). The tower will feature a grand hotel style lobby, a white table cloth restaurant, a concierge, but no assisted living or nursing services. It will be located on Phipps Boulevard in Buckhead.

I heard a little more about this, and it doesn't sound like the typical elderly highrise. Supposedly it will be a luxury apartment tower catering to the well to do, with rents in the $5-10,000 per month range.

I remember when my dad used to say if he ever made $10,000 a year we'd be rich. And it wasn't all that long ago! :lol:

I just thought about it; how tall is Terminus suppose to be?

Archived