Centennial Tower

eandslee

If Centennial and John Marshall actually come on line, there will be seven residential mid-to-high rises within the tight core bounded by 4th, 6th, Broad and Main streets:

Grace Place at 4th and Grace -- plus 50 units -- occupied

Cokesbury at 5th and Grace -- plus 25 -- occupied

Miller & Rhoads, 5th/6th Broad/Grace streets -- plus 130 -- Early 2009

Berry Burk at 6th and Grace -- plus 40 -- occupied

John Marshall at 5th and Franklin -- plus 150 -- construction to begin early summer

Presbyterial Book Store at 4 N. 6th street -- plus 20 -- occupied

Centennial, 6th and Main -- plus 200 -- proposed

That totals approximately 615 units in the center city 4-square block area.

We know that Ukrops will not operate the market in the John Marshall, but with a population of several thousand within a mile of the core, Trader Joe's ought to think hard about establishing a store at the John Marshall.

Further, with all this activity, approximately 400 new hotel rooms (250 at M&R Hilton and 150 at Centennial) will be added in this central core. Perhaps the Marriott, now under new ownership, will add 200 rooms in a new tower adjacent to the present hotel.

I would like to see a Harris Teeter somewhere in Downtown.

Don't count out the BowTie boys. They still own Jefferson Square (3rd/4th/Main/Cary) and have "exciting plans" for the block. Their Movietime cinemas will open early in 2009 at Boulevard Square (Leigh and Boulevard). Maybe then, they'll direct their attention downtown. They may add to the center city residential mix as well as (perhaps) a market and cinemas.

Fellas, TB wouldnt fool you :) I come back with excellent news.. Centennial is full speed ahead, they are in the process of luring tenants for the office/retail and a hotel portion is semi-closed on a tenant (boutique hotel). The tower will in fact be 30 stories tall, and more information is to come when the preview center opens in July :alc:

Fellas, TB wouldnt fool you :) I come back with excellent news.. Centennial is full speed ahead, they are in the process of luring tenants for the office/retail and a hotel portion is semi-closed on a tenant (boutique hotel). The tower will in fact be 30 stories tall, and more information is to come when the preview center opens in July :alc:

Looking forward to hearing more details such as condo layouts, square footage, and prices. I love that location. Easy access to everything downtown as well as the Fan and river. Now I just need to cross my fingers they offer something in my price range ;)

So; The plans have been sumitted,

the city planning and development office has passed the concept.

The building commissioner has approved it.

I know Wilder is O.K. with it.

They have a building permit.

And financing is all set. By the Way, Where is the financing comming from?

Most likely there never was a building.

Some developers just buy property and get it ready with prep and zoning to sell.

This would explain the photo over 1/2 the block in the begininng. This was advertising! Nothing has made sense since if they intended to build.

Looking forward to hearing more details such as condo layouts, square footage, and prices. I love that location. Easy access to everything downtown as well as the Fan and river. Now I just need to cross my fingers they offer something in my price range ;)

Your wish is my command :)

Luxury Class A 30 story tower with retail, Boutique Hotel, upscale residences, including penthouses and health club. Sizes will vary from approx. 600 square feet through 3,500 square feet and several folks have already asked if we can customize a large size residence. The answer is yes, as long as we have a timely commitment for design and cost agreement in the future, when the time comes. Prices will range between $270,000 up to $2mil. We will be able to share estimated completion dates and floor plans during the year. Our Sales Pavilion will open during the summer.