Virginia Beach Photos

rusthebuss

Oceanfront or Downtown?

Not sure, whichever will look best on the page. I'll let you guys decide that for now. I guess the way I want to do this is have each person submit their best photo of the city in this thread. When you post put the comment (photo submission) next to your image so I know you want it to be included in the contest.. Next i'll create a new thread with a poll in it. Each image will be assigned a letter and we'll let everyone vote on the photo they like the most. I'll close the poll at the end of the week and the one with the highest votes gets the front page.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're not deciding today rus. If you what to submit those to be considered put the words (photo submission) in your post. One thing though is that i'd prefer the time/date stamps not to be visible in the pic.

Would these pics have to be taken by us that we submit?

Yeah, actually. I want pictures generated by the forumers of this site, that way it is specific to urbanplanet. We all take good pictures here, we can find one amongst us that we'd like to display.

edit: If you see one on this site that is not yours that you would like to be submitted, so long as you credit the person who took it you can submit that for consideration.

• 1 month later...

The Westin peaking ever so slightly over the tree tops. :D In time to be joined by 2 towers (City Walk) to its left and the office tower to the right in front of columbus. City View (if the environmentalists leave it alone <_< ) will probably be somewhere in front of Cosmo from this viewpoint.

177343966_82c586bcbe_o.jpg

A different vantage poin

177344006_655b8a6fe3_o.jpg

I think we need to put a tower on the pilot lot to fill that gap between Westin and AH though. :(

This vantage point isn't as strong as I hoped it would be. Passing by indepence and that bend in the road where you can first see TC coming from Withchduck seem like they'll be the best locations for a coherent skyline shot.

The Westin will look great from I-264. I just wish they would cut down those few trees that block our veiw.

Ask and you shall receive... I do believe that most if not all of those trees will be gone once City View begins, am I right?

And the Westin is only on the 10th floor....its gonna be huge-mongous! :yahoo:

Actually they've competed the 11th story (12th floor) today but yeah, it already has a major presence from the freeway. It's gonna be one tall building.

seriously though the PAC is really coming along nicely.

Did anyone else notice the boring red brick they're using to cover up the sides and back of the performing arts center? The few renderings I've seen of this project led me to believe they would be using a different material...tell me there's going to be some variety to the Independence Blvd side....the brick isn't even patterned, it seems...

Did anyone else notice the boring red brick they're using to cover up the sides and back of the performing arts center? The few renderings I've seen of this project led me to believe they would be using a different material...tell me there's going to be some variety to the Independence Blvd side....the brick isn't even patterned, it seems...

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not brick. If it is though from the renderings i've seen its definately not going on the exterior.

That's a mighty fine... windshield wiper. ;)

:lol: That's why I didn't post it at first, but since I was putting up the city walk pics I figured why not post this one too.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not brick. If it is though from the renderings i've seen its definately not going on the exterior.

I hope you're right. I've only been able to briefly glance at it while driving down Independence, if I looked any longer I'd probably cause an accident. I'm amused to see how many people gawk in that general direction during red lights... :lol:

I hope you're right. I've only been able to briefly glance at it while driving down Independence, if I looked any longer I'd probably cause an accident. I'm amused to see how many people gawk in that general direction during red lights... :lol:

:lol: I've noticed that too. Everytime I go throuhg that area I see a bunch of people in their cars with their heads cocked trying to stare upwards. At least is gives you something to look at while sitting in traffic. <_<

Archived