School: Florida State University

csmurphy8885

I apoligize for whatever I said to upset you stan,

The building boom is huge at fsu, Its crazy how they were considering slashing the incoming freshman class next year by 1000 people for a budget shortfall. I only say its crazy is because all of those buildings will be done or will be close, and we will have empty classrooms... (or maybe just smaller class sizes) But, I know they will raise tuition instead which will keep up enrollment.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The building boom is huge at fsu, Its crazy how they were considering slashing the incoming freshman class next year by 1000 people for a budget shortfall. "

I don't think it is 'were'....they are slashing enrollment

"I only say its crazy is because all of those buildings will be done or will be close, and we will have empty classrooms... (or maybe just smaller class sizes) But, I know they will raise tuition instead which will keep up enrollment."

Not correct. Tuition is going up, but no enough to offset the budget cuts....let alone make it worthwhile to raise enrollments. Enrollment is going down. That is pretty much a certainty right now.....and from what I hear same thing for 2009 as well due to the state budget

That sounds good. Great breakdown. I was really looking forward to FSU blooming and never really thought about what kind of corners are cut getting all those classrooms filled.

What we need may not be a decrease, per say, more like a slow down in the rate of increase untill the quility can catch back up with the current supply of seats. Not having the money to continue at the same level just sounds like a travesty of finance!

I wish our football teams was doing better! That will bring the SAT scores in!!

:alc:

Budget cuts mean rejection at FSU

Sarah McCarty received what she sees as a "Dear John" letter from Florida State University last week.

The Florida Atlantic University sophomore has a 3.9 grade point average and has dreams of going to a larger Florida university, but she recently learned because of state budget cuts those aspirations may not come true at FSU.

"I really wanted to get that big college name on my diploma," said McCarty, an elementary-education major. "It's very frustrating."

McCarty shares that frustration with the 1,200 other FSU applicants who received the same letter, which said FSU has exceeded its funded enrollment limitations for undergraduates, and has decided to limit transfers to only students from one of Florida's public community colleges.

This Wednesday FSU will mail nearly 9,000 more letters to students denying them their application unless the Legislature decides to increase funding during the coming legislative session.

Source: TDO.com

FSU Parking Garage No. 5

Work continues on the university's 5th parking garage. I was in the area this evening and figured I'd take a few shots of the progress.

Notice in the background right portion of this picture you can see the New Marriott hotel not too far away.

february24063gj9.jpg

Looking left of the parking facility on this picture you can see the Plaza Tower rising above the Capital City. Looks like this garage may become a good place to capture skyline shots of our city! :camera:

february24062jm6.jpg

FSU Parking Garage No. 5

Work continues on the university's 5th parking garage. I was in the area this evening and figured I'd take a few shots of the progress.

Notice in the background right portion of this picture you can see the New Marriott hotel not too far away.

february24063gj9.jpg

Looking left of the parking facility on this picture you can see the Plaza Tower rising above the Capital City. Looks like this garage may become a good place to capture skyline shots of our city! :camera:

february24062jm6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
FSU Parking Garage No. 5

february24063gj9.jpg

february24062jm6.jpg

Archived