Herald-Journal Site Developments

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/24/2024 at 1:11 PM, westsider28 said:

Post & Courier confirms that the Herald-Journal building will be demolished "in the near future," though demolition permits have not yet been issued by the City.

I'm not looking forward to having a completely empty block in the heart of downtown in the near future, so hopefully redevelopment moves quickly here.

My sense is that this is part of the Superblock - some of the developments that are part of the baseball stadium, office buildings, hotels, apartments are actually happening on this block.  JDA already owns the HJ building, and has an option on the rest of the block, so really the HJ block is going to get redeveloped as part o the larger office-apartment-hotel development.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Historyguy said:

My sense is that this is part of the Superblock - some of the developments that are part of the baseball stadium, office buildings, hotels, apartments are actually happening on this block.  JDA already owns the HJ building, and has an option on the rest of the block, so really the HJ block is going to get redeveloped as part o the larger office-apartment-hotel development.  

Yeah, I know.  I just hope the timeline is such that the block doesn't sit empty for years while they build closer to the stadium or something.

It looks like the HJ Building may come down sooner than later. They have been working to sever utilities on Broad St. and the HJ 

plaque on Main St has been removed. It looks like the HJ has already vacated the building!

Also, I saw soil borings being done on the Kennedy St. site where Andrew Babb/ John Baughtnight and later Bogue Wallen announced

the 40-50 unit apartment building adjacent to the parking garage there.  That seemed to be dead, but someone is interested enough to

have had the borings done this past week. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...