Good New Restaurants

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DCtransplant said:

Noble Smoke is looking to soft open shortly after July 4th. Some more details below. This place is going to be absolutely massive. Hoping it becomes a destination, otherwise it'll feel awfully lonely in such a big space!!

When Noble Smoke opens in July, meats will be smoked in a few different ways:

• An 1,800-square-foot smokehouse with eight wood-fired smokers;
  • six smokers made of steel — Texas-style;
  • and two traditional North Carolina masonry barbecue pits.

The restaurant will have a dining room and bar with seating for more than 200, an event space with capacity of 80 to 120 guests, a designated pickup area for to-go meals, a biergarten with seating for another 200 guests and its own brewery space.

crap, I just might be in town.

2 hours ago, DCtransplant said:

Noble Smoke is looking to soft open shortly after July 4th. Some more details below. This place is going to be absolutely massive. Hoping it becomes a destination, otherwise it'll feel awfully lonely in such a big space!!

When Noble Smoke opens in July, meats will be smoked in a few different ways:

• An 1,800-square-foot smokehouse with eight wood-fired smokers;
  • six smokers made of steel — Texas-style;
  • and two traditional North Carolina masonry barbecue pits.

The restaurant will have a dining room and bar with seating for more than 200, an event space with capacity of 80 to 120 guests, a designated pickup area for to-go meals, a biergarten with seating for another 200 guests and its own brewery space.

When I tasted his barbecue at an event, it might have been the best pork I ever put in my mouth, and at that time his rub was only salt and pepper... My mouth is watering already.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CLT> said:

When I tasted his barbecue at an event, it might have been the best pork I ever put in my mouth, and at that time his rub was only salt and pepper... My mouth is watering already.

Jim catered my engagement party, and my dad's 70th birthday with bbq. its fudgeing insane. 

Noble Smoke > Sweet Lews

Edited by Guest

28 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

looking to see when Flower Child is opening in southend (soon) I found this place by the same group opening uptown   where is this going to be in 200 south tryon?

https://www.northitaliarestaurant.com/locations/charlotte-nc/

North Italia is going to RailYard. Flower child is opening late july

Edited by Jayvee
  • Thanks 1

I don't know how new it is (haven't been in the Southpark area in about a year or so) but I went to Pink Cactus the other day with a friend. Pink Cactus is in the old Treehouse location across from SP Mall.

The food was good, although the portions were incredibly small that it was laughable. I had 2 tacos with a side of corn salad and beans, and each side was basically in a cup the size of a ketchup cup at McDonalds. Service was very slow and it took a good 25 minutes for our food to come out, which I found odd given we were the only people in the place. They don't give you free chips and salsa, and by the end of the meal I was still starving that I forked over the couple extra dollars for chips. 

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2019 at 8:31 AM, KJHburg said:

^^^^ Ouch it sounds like Southbound the first and only time I ever visited it. 

I went to southbound when I was here in April and I actually thought it was pretty decent. We got free chips and salsa so I was relatively content and I liked the open air atmosphere. 

Edited by LKN704

2 hours ago, LKN704 said:

I went to southbound when I was here in April and I actually thought it was pretty decent. We got free chips and salsa so I was relatively content and I liked the open air atmosphere. 

unfortunately it was not that way when it first opened and I never went back and now I found a better place I like. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 5:26 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Jim catered my engagement party, and my dad's 70th birthday with bbq. its fudgeing insane. 

Noble Smoke > Sweet Lews

Let the BBQ wars begin! Nothing helps creativity like competition. I hope we get more good bbq joints. And let's have variety too, Kansas style, Alabama, Tennessee,  eastern NC, Texas (woop, woop!), etc.

• Like 3

Went to Sweet Lew's BBQ yesterday.

Against my better judgement, I ordered the brisket from a place that had a pig for a logo, but it was amazing.  Seasoning, wood smoke, and right amount of fat.

Downside, limited sides and sweet dry cornbread, and price was high.

It's definitely worth a trip back.

• Like 2