Little Rock Projects List

Sounds pretty interesting. For those of us not very familiar with Little Rock can you give any ideas about where this is located? Any well known structures nearby?

On the block to the northwest from the site is the Pulaski County Courthouse...to the north is the old Post Office Building (formerly housed the UofA School of Law, and now the US Bankruptsy Court...the block to the northeast is the Stephens Building...and immediately east is the Pyramid Building. The trolley runs west down 2nd Street and turns north along Spring Street.

On the block to the northwest from the site is the Pulaski County Courthouse...to the north is the old Post Office Building (formerly housed the UofA School of Law, and now the US Bankruptsy Court...the block to the northeast is the Stephens Building...and immediately east is the Pyramid Building. The trolley runs west down 2nd Street and turns north along Spring Street.

Okay I remember that general area, thanks.

Sounds pretty interesting. For those of us not very familiar with Little Rock can you give any ideas about where this is located? Any well known structures nearby?

Because there is talk about the redevlopment of two blocks (97 & 82) you have taken pictures of the old Arkansas Gazette building, which is across the street and east of block 82. If block 82 is redeveloped then the block south of it has a chance of redevelopment. The north side of this block facing 3rd contains the former KARK building. I would like to see it taken down. It is for sale with a asking price of $900,000.

• 2 weeks later...

On Monday night's agenda for North Little Rock is the development plan for NLR. It covers the area from Broadway to the river and Maple on the west to Alltel Arena. The plan calls for three parking decks as well as a hotel/condo tower and other developments. Alot of the development fills up parking lots in the area.

downtownnlr3qm.jpg

On Monday night's agenda for North Little Rock is the development plan for NLR. It covers the area from Broadway to the river and Maple on the west to Alltel Arena. The plan calls for three parking decks as well as a hotel/condo tower and other developments. Alot of the development fills up parking lots in the area.

downtownnlr3qm.jpg

I would love for NLR to develop a skyline.

I've always wanted it to extend across the river.

downtownnlr3qm.jpg

Getting rid of Pawn Shop row over near the Arena there has to be a priority. They're great old buildings that might find better uses but it certainly conveys a sense of poverty to the area that it needs to shake off.

That's a great picture. How many of those projects are actually slated for development and how many are just proposed?

Getting rid of Pawn Shop row over near the Arena there has to be a priority. They're great old buildings that might find better uses but it certainly conveys a sense of poverty to the area that it needs to shake off.

That's a great picture. How many of those projects are actually slated for development and how many are just proposed?

The Enclave Apartments, between the arena and the river are under construction now. The fountain and park area at the foot of the Junction Bridge should start work at the end of the summer. Twin City Bank is working on plans to build a headquarters building in this area.

This building and it's parking lots take up two blocks between Maple and Main. You can see in the drawing the parkings lots will be redeveloped.

20051209image00148un.jpg

The Second Street Promenade is already there and it looks like the Chamber of Commerce Building at Main and Washington will stay. More details should be announced Monday night.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, maybe not StayOutOfOurTownville......but I'd pretty much say:

ditto.

You mean sorta like WeDon'tNeedAnymoreDevelopment,Growth,Or,Peopleville otherwise known as Fayetteville? :lol: Well luckily not everyone in Fayetteville feels that way but the ones that do are rather vocal.

You mean sorta like WeDon'tNeedAnymoreDevelopment,Growth,Or,Peopleville otherwise known as Fayetteville? :lol: Well luckily not everyone in Fayetteville feels that way but the ones that do are rather vocal.

Haha...I wasn't implying any city in particular; I was just making a lame joke. But I guess it is very telling that you thought I was talking about Fay-town.

Haha...I wasn't implying any city in particular; I was just making a lame joke. But I guess it is very telling that you thought I was talking about Fay-town.

Actually no I didn't. But the way you had it worded reminded me of some Fayetteville people so I had to make a lame joke myself. :lol:

According to a story in Arkansas Business work has been stopped on the Residences at Building 5 condo develpoment. The city of LR pulled the building permit. The owner of the project in now suing the city. The problem concerns air rights over Garland Street. The building will have balconies extending over city land.

residencescondos6vv.jpg