• Travelers Rest
    • Simpsonville
    • Mauldin
    • Taylors
    • Greer
    • Fountain Inn
    • Berea
    • Other explain

Greenville Tech is building a large campus near Berea, which isn't too far from Powdersville and Easley, so I would be very surprised to hear of yet another location that close. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I need to ride by the new Northwest Campus to see how it is coming along. Should the first building be ready by next year?

Easley/Powdersville may be close to Berea, but it is large enough to support its own campus of sorts. It would be a first for Greenville Tech to have a campus outside Greenville County.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's Greenville Journal had a large article on upsate techs schools and thier growth. I have not read the whole thing yet, but did see that Greenville Tech is moving some of its classes to Downtown Greenville.

The article stated that they would be moving culinary and some other classes to the Bank of America building.

Also on a seperate note, in case you haven't hear. North Greenville COllege is creating a MBA program which will be housed at Fairview Baptists old building in Greer on HWY 290 north of Wade Hampton Blvd.

Yesterday's Greenville Journal had a large article on upsate techs schools and thier growth.  I have not read the whole thing yet, but did see that Greenville Tech is moving some of its classes to Downtown Greenville.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would be great to have culinary classes downtown. Just think of eating in high end restaurants where students apprentice with professional chefs to sitr up the best cuisines in town. I wonder if this is just a temporary fix because there's no room on the current four campuses or a start to a downtown campus.

I think Anderson College is in the process of becoming a university. Does anyone knwo anything about that?

Greenville Tech will probably keep their culinary arts courses in downtown for a long time.  It simply makes sense. ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now, if they could add some visual arts courses downtown also, just think of what Falls Park and Greenville's architecture can do.

It would be great to have culinary classes downtown.  Just think of eating in high end restaurants where students apprentice with professional chefs to sitr up the best cuisines in town.  I wonder if this is just a temporary fix because there's no room on the current four campuses or a start to a downtown campus.

I think Anderson College is in the process of becoming a university.  Does anyone knwo anything about that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that it is true. As is the case for North Greenville.

The article in Greenville Journal said that some business classes will also be moved to downtown. I'd love to see a World-Class architecture school open up in downtown. I think Clemson could move its architectural design courses over here and make a tremendous positive impact on the area. :)

I know that it is true.  As is the case for North Greenville.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anderson College is affilitated with some Baptist group, so it needs to recieve approval from them and the state. They are waiting on that as far as I know. I think the change should take effect this fall.

[The South Carolina Baptist Convention oversees Anderson College, North Greenville College, and Charleston Southern University.

I checked out North Greenville College a couple years ago when I was applying for undergraduate studies. Unfortunately, they had an Associate program for Biology. I do not know if they're strengthening their natural science programs to a bachelor level.

There is an interesting article in today's Greenville News on a new retailer coming to Easley's charming historic downtown shopping district.  Rogers Stereo is buying a decent sized building there for another awesome store. :)

Whole News Article Here

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is the new Roger's Stereo on the opposite corner from the former Goodwill store in Easley?

• 1 month later...

The Cracker Barrel in Powdersville is coming along very nicely. I believe there are plans for a hotel next to it. Land has been cleared all the way to I-85 behind Burger King. Also behind Texaco across 153. :)

I heard recently that the land bought by Palmetto Baptist Medical on 153 may be the site of a new surgical center. Later plans may include additional buildings, but I've not heard confirmation of any yet.

• 7 months later...

Simpsonville continues to grow rapidly, and is constantly seeing new subdivisions pop up everywhere. Just announced; a new Bloom store and subdivision are coming to West Georgia Road.

Release from The Greenville News

What crossroad would be the closest intersecting with W. Georgia for this development? Wondering if this will increase Southern Connector traffic?

• 2 months later...

That's a great idea, an architecture institute.

The article in Greenville Journal said that some business classes will also be moved to downtown. I'd love to see a World-Class architecture school open up in downtown. I think Clemson could move its architectural design courses over here and make a tremendous positive impact on the area. :)

Archived