Belmont @ Freemason Progress

okinawatyphoon

Pay the salary up front instead of putting part of it in a tax free traunche-like-thing that is only available for housing.

Also, perhaps we have too many military people? We're off picking fights with people just because we've got a huge military and some politician wants to see it do something. 1 person at a computer terminal should be able to deploy autonomous vehicles to deliver the bombs picked out by the room full of people putting pins on a google map.

DoD is full of waste.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's not worth discussing...we all have our opinions on the topic afterall...it's like discussing religion or politics amongst friends...everyone just get's pissed off at each other. Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinions.

This is supposed to be about belmont afterall..., so anyway here's a photo of how it's looking right now:

23616172.jpg

Larger: Here!

23616194.jpg

23616205.jpg

23616217.jpg

I'm going to stick my neck out here, but I really like Belmont at Freemason. The brick sort of matches well with the surrounding neighborhood. I should be coming down to Norfolk in late July and cannot wait to take pictures of the belmont from street level.

I guess "Amazing" means, $250 point & shoot :) If russ has an SLR, it's probly 10 steps up from what I have..a nice slr is my goal by the time I graduate in '12. I can def. tell the difference between days where it's humid & days where it's not... I guess I been waiting for one of those beautiful summer days where the puffy clouds & blue non-humid skies break in...those are my favorite.

We all should really get a saturday/sunday set sometime & all wander downtown & take photos & whatnot.

Went to gun range today with some friends for a get together they have been planning for a long time. Holy crap it was hot out :-)

Long day was long.

And only halfway done!

Hollar if you want to walk around and shoot photos or something. My Canon is down and I've been using a Casio which I don't have as much love for, but I have a new LCD screen on the way for the Canon.

After playing with my friends Canon 40D and other friend's Rebel XTi or whatever it is, I have to say I like DSLRs.

I'd intended on getting out downtown today but after a 12 mile hike at first landing in this absurd heat, well, I was spent, I'm still exhausted but fortunately miller lite is curing me lol-

I'll probably attempt to get out tomorrow downtown and shoot some random photos, I know its father's day for most folk, so maybe it'll actually be busy in the city. I'd probably go out around noon if anyone is interested in joining, just let me know :)

Doh, I'm going to TN this weekend. Going to some hacker gathering at some bar.

Another get together next week? Weekend? You all talk the talk of being all about city and get togethers and stuff, but damn if you all actually do anything.

:shades:

• 3 weeks later...

Probably 0.

They've started a marketing campaign. I got a glossy flyer card in the mail from the Belmont.

Maybe there will be a war between slumlords and the renters will win.

It's like, uhhh, I don't want to pay MORE a month, I want to pay LESS and get MORE because it was OVERPRICED coming in.

Archived