Belle Meade Village (nine buildings of 12, 11, 10, 8, 2, and 1 stories, 388 residential units, 78 room hotel, 80,000 sq. ft. of retail, underground garages, and creekside park)

markhollin

I gave up on Green Hills and Belle Meade during the AMP days.  I could care less what happens to these entitled people.  Like what was said before just let the old shopping center melt into the ground.  They certainly don't care about anyone else in the city.  Just getting the help back and forth to their home for crap they are to good to do for themselves.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think you meant Belle Meade. BTW, I think a lot of the opposition is coming from the residents of the city of Belle Meade who are not residents of Metro. Too bad as they have no hound to run in the race. I was not at the meeting, but I will bet Craig can shed some light as to where the majority of the opposition was coming from.

If there were a lot of folks that had Belle Meade Blvd addresses, then that will explain some of the issue of why.

I did mean Bellevue. The same people against apartment buildings like Ariza are against this development.  Its interesting to follow on twitter

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, samsonh said:

I did mean Bellevue. The same people against apartment buildings like Ariza are against this development.  Its interesting to follow on twitter

The Bellevue crowd would have significantly less demand to develop in their neighborhood if more of Nashville's city center was upzoned and allowed far more construction like Belle Meade Plaza.

The irony is that because 1.) development is restricted to too few parcels and 2.) these Bellevue people see BMP's approval as a sign that Bellevue projects are going to get approved, folks who would actually gain from BMP are in arms opposed to it.

• Like 2

I have no idea what the Bellevue folks said last night, but as a former resident of out that way, I can imagine the fear is over traffic slowdowns. For close to 20 years I came into town that way, from Bellevue, and traffic did slow through there, as it did about every 1/4" mile into town. This will be much better traffic wise but the misinformation that is out there hurts. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Belle Meade Plaza (nine buildings of 12, 11, 10, 8, 2, and 1 stories, 388 residential units, 78 room hotel, 80,000 sq. ft. of retail, underground garages, and creekside park)
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, GregH said:

Metro Council: Parking maximums in the urban core!

Also Metro Council: statutory "free" parking at this project for...some reason 🤷‍♂️

If we are being honest, the folks who were pushing for the free parking (and also claimed they never imagined they would have to pay for parking here) were also against the parking maximums. The 90 minute free was a negotiation that got pushed up to 90 minutes to ensure enough support for the project. 

• Like 3