IN PROGRESS: Capitol Cove

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I don't think the city wants high rise there, it would probably overshadow the scale of the river and riverwalk. I think rowhouses provide a nice transition between downtown and the residential areas east of the river.

I drove by Friday as well, a good deal of the wood framing is up. Glad to see all the progress!

• 2 weeks later...

I E-mailed them about that and said it was misleading. I guess that's what they're going for because they never changed it.

They listed them under the East Side of Providence even though they are west of the Moshassuck.

yes, i'm surprised that's even like that. it's not it's own town. i don't care if people specifically looking to move to providence are prejudiced against the rest of the city. it's part of providence and should be listed on riliving.com under providence, just like all the other neighborhoods.

Why are the renders so skimpy for this project? I want to see its relation to the river.. and maybe a skyline view or a view from the East Side.

"How will the outside grounds be developed? (Landscaping, common area, etc)

A lot of landscaping will be done around these buildings in order to give these homes a park like feel when stepping outside. This is a unique feature at Capitol Cove and is not typical for an urban condominium."

http://www.capitolcoveri.com/FAQ/Default.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing how this project changes the feel when driving South on Main towards downtown. No longer is there this long blank field towards the Citizen's building when you'd otherwise expect urbanity to be increasing. Good stuff...

- Garris

The rear of the building concerns me. I would like to see infill with some type of structure built starting from the Park Row/Canal Street intersection and built to the Park Row lot line all the way to the train station. I can reserve judgement until construction moves along some, but I hope the development does not present the isolated/non urban feel in viewing it from the rear at Park Row that it currently does.

The rear of the building concerns me. I would like to see infill with some type of structure built starting from the Park Row/Canal Street intersection and built to the Park Row lot line all the way to the train station. I can reserve judgement until construction moves along some, but I hope the development does not present the isolated/non urban feel in viewing it from the rear at Park Row that it currently does.

Archived