IN PROGRESS: Capitol Cove

Well, others have brought up before that something should be done about the water height of Waterplace. Maybe close the hurricane barrier a bit. Something to make it feel like less of a ditch. That may allow for the fountain to be turned back on in the basin as well.

- Garris

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They've done that in the past for waterfire. I think I good cleaning and dredging might be in order though.

I want to be able to dock my boat and go to the mall. :) I'm only half kidding.

(and if you guessed the half about actually going to the mall, you are correct)

I actually E-mailed and wrote a letter to city hall asking what was going to be done and actually offered to start a non-profit clean up crew to clean up the basin itself. This was over FOUR months ago. NO RESPONSE.

Perhaps one of you guys who live/work in the city can inquire with the city govenment as to if there is any awareness and/or plans relative to this issue. Obviously, the rivers are a major key to the city's life.

• 2 weeks later...

I think this project looks great. I'm really liking the townhouse idea. My only complaint is that I wish the back of the building wrapped around Gaspee St, instead of seperating it. I can't wait until they add/fix the riverwalk in front. It really is empty over there.... needs some water badly.

I was driving up Memorial Blvd. last Sunday from the river toward PP and I was amazed how prominent CC looked even from a distance. And how close it looked to downtown and RISD. When built this could become another alternative for those RISD grad. students.

I was driving up Memorial Blvd. last Sunday from the river toward PP and I was amazed how prominent CC looked even from a distance. And how close it looked to downtown and RISD. When built this could become another alternative for those RISD grad. students.

Capital Cove for RISD students? You mean RISD should buy it, or RISD students could live there? Grad students get pretty sweet digs at 15West already if they want to live downtown. Theoretically, this is to be condos, so no rentals for RISD students. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if they went the way of Waterplace and rented some units for a few years.

• 1 month later...

Archived