JW Marriott Hotel

GRDadof3

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew it was going to be painful waiting for vertical construction on the Marriott, but OMG, I can't take it anymore :P

Well, in the mean time, you can be like me and bask in the beauty of the horizontal slits of concrete exposed right now. That's some FINE architecture! ;)

Above the dam just North of I-196, it is pretty deep. Below the dam, there are always fishermen wading through knee-deep water this time of year, especially since we only got .10" of rain in October :blink:

I've got a buddy who lives to fish, and he's always on the Grand. I asked him once, and he said you can make it from one side to the other, you just have to know where to walk, b/c there are a lot of "holes" that would suck you in. Most the fishers just know where or look out for each other I guess

I knew it was going to be painful waiting for vertical construction on the Marriott, but OMG, I can't take it anymore :P

I know! I can't wait to see a crane stacking the twentieth floor on that hotel. Especially if Riverhouse is going to be on its way up, too! :yahoo:

Haven't had a photo update in a while. They're making mud-pies today with all the drilling they're doing:

5B6D8EA0514911DAB1444951180B1119.jpg

And a cool sidenote. If anyone gets a chance, go to the top floor of the Amway Grand Ramp and check out what looks like a mock-up of the exterior glass and steel for the new hotel. It seems pretty premature, but if it is, the color/material combination is out of this world! :D This is going to be a sharp looking tower if so.

Get a picture too if you get a chance. My memory was full -_-

Hey, you guys and gals are going to love this! It sounds like due to the constant criticisms here, and some well placed e-mails, that they have increased the transparency on the Pearl Street side of the conference center to 40+ percent! Way better than it was, and more in line with the zoning ordinance! Whether it was someone here or someone else that made the difference, we may never know. I haven't seen the new renderings yet, but I think a couple of people here have access to the design team. :whistling: Maybe the website will be updated soon ;)

http://www.alticorhotel.com/

That camera has quite a zoom:

zoom.jpg

Hahahahaha.. hey bulldozer dude..

I was playing with it too, and was wondering if those guys know they're being watched. The thing does have quite the range on it, and with a decent connection is pretty steady.

Hey, you guys and gals are going to love this! It sounds like due to the constant criticisms here, and some well placed e-mails, that they have increased the transparency on the Pearl Street side of the conference center to 40+ percent! Way better than it was, and more in line with the zoning ordinance! Whether it was someone here or someone else that made the difference, we may never know. I haven't seen the new renderings yet, but I think a couple of people here have access to the design team. :whistling: Maybe the website will be updated soon ;)

http://www.alticorhotel.com/

Wow! That's very cool GRDad, thanks for the update :silly: I just didn't want certain people to miss my earlier post.

BTW HolidayInnExpress, that drawn in tower just above the Campau Plaza Bldg can only be one thing based on its locale: the new Macatawa Bank Tower where the vacated Custer Office bldg sits now :thumbsup:

09156DE0523311DA825F35CE18F73B1D.jpg

Notice the angle of the building, which matches the angle of Ottawa.

I'm not sure, but I heard from someone affiliated with someone affiliated with the Art Museum that it was going to have some HEIGHT. Macatawa Bank bought the building last year and plans to consolidate their GR operations there.

Are we talking about that building right next to that crappy Huntington building?

newtower.jpg

Archived