JW Marriott Hotel

GRDadof3

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but from the picture it looks like it is where the new art museum is, and what the smaller building next to it?

To which building are you referring GR8scott?

9EC0D67052E411DA858872E318F73B1D.jpg

I labelled the one McKay Tower, but I'm not quite sure. If the designer was trying to go for an accurate skyline, and started asking around the planning commission about different structures, maybe someone said "Oh, and you may want to add in that new tower that's proposed for Custer". Although, it's still just rumors.

Hey, you guys and gals are going to love this! It sounds like due to the constant criticisms here, and some well placed e-mails, that they have increased the transparency on the Pearl Street side of the conference center to 40+ percent! Way better than it was, and more in line with the zoning ordinance! Whether it was someone here or someone else that made the difference, we may never know. I haven't seen the new renderings yet, but I think a couple of people here have access to the design team. :whistling: Maybe the website will be updated soon ;)

http://www.alticorhotel.com/

Very good news, thanks GRDad! :D

I labelled the one McKay Tower, but I'm not quite sure. If the designer was trying to go for an accurate skyline, and started asking around the planning commission about different structures, maybe someone said "Oh, and you may want to add in that new tower that's proposed for Custer". Although, it's still just rumors.

I sincerely doubt it. The architect from Lohan indicated that the renderings and animation that they had done were completed by some company in China. He said their prices were 1/4 of what it would have cost in the US. If that's truly the case, I doubt they did much background work on what was proposed for the future.

My guess is that it was included to visually balance out the rendering. It looks a little lopsided with just the two tall buildings.

Nitro

I sincerely doubt it. The architect from Lohan indicated that the renderings and animation that they had done were completed by some company in China. He said their prices were 1/4 of what it would have cost in the US. If that's truly the case, I doubt they did much background work on what was proposed for the future.

My guess is that it was included to visually balance out the rendering. It looks a little lopsided with just the two tall buildings.

Nitro

A girl can dream, can't she. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks chgrnative! I'm going to be the first dumby to ask "what does this mean?" Obviously a lot of the foundation work has been bid out and awarded already.

Its ok Jeff...I was gonna ask the same thing. ;) I assumed they already had that figured out. Shows what I know! :wacko::D

Thanks chgrnative! I'm going to be the first dumby to ask "what does this mean?" Obviously a lot of the foundation work has been bid out and awarded already.

I think your probably right. The bids due on 1-6-06 are for the building shell, core and interior finishes. Things should get moving now.

Archived