JW Marriott Hotel

GRDadof3

Yes, Gary, I have a feeling the round columns that they just recently did will be all that is left of the foundation of the tower. I think it will be open to the rest of the basement levels of the conference center. :good: A few more finishing touches and we might see steel showing up at the site :whistling:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Gary, I have a feeling the round columns that they just recently did will be all that is left of the foundation of the tower. I think it will be open to the rest of the basement levels of the conference center. :good: A few more finishing touches and we might see steel showing up at the site :whistling:

The press said that it is expected to start rising in the next few weeks.

Do you have the article?

no, but i think you can access it on mlive. I only work for the press on weekends, and i work in circulation so i really don't see the reporters that much. I have plenty of access to the printed copies though. I think the quote about the JWM is in the second article on page 4, maybe i will get on line and look for it first.

Do you have the article?

Rizzo, Go to mlive.com in the Grand rapids press section (its free) click on 14 days stories in the biz section. The name of the aricle is High rise developers many tough obstacles, or something close to that. Make sure to get the printed section, it shows all of the nonbuilt hight rises going back to the 1920.

Rizzo, Go to mlive.com in the Grand rapids press section (its free) click on 14 days stories in the biz section. The name of the aricle is High rise developers many tough obstacles, or something close to that. Make sure to get the printed section, it shows all of the nonbuilt hight rises going back to the 1920.

Was there a graphic in the paper? If there was it doesn't show up on the mlive site.

It's funny this topic is brought up. I just had breakfast with an old friend of mine in Chicago on Saturday. He is finishing up a book on unbuilt projects in Chicago.

Was there a graphic in the paper? If there was it doesn't show up on the mlive site.

It's funny this topic is brought up. I just had breakfast with an old friend of mine in Chicago on Saturday. He is finishing up a book on unbuilt projects in Chicago.

Mlive does noy show pics. I have been doing research on unbuilt high or mid rises in downtown for a while. I even thought about creating a web sight about the subject. Sunday's reports did not talk about projects like the 15 story Fables building proposed for S Division (in the early 80's) among a few others.

I thought the article about never built highrises mentioned steel could be going up next month. I'd have to take a look at it again to be sure. Maybe they were using it as a figure of speech or maybe I'm just wrong.

No, you're probably right. I don't think I finished the whole article. I have to post this again:

WE HAVE CRANE!!!

102606716_7363b40dca_o.jpg

I just saw three semi trucks heading twoard downtown , and each of them had a huge concrete slab on their beds. I could not help but think that they were heding for the site. I have a meating near there in about 90 minutes, so i am going to swing by there and check it out.

I'll be in the Amway Grand ramp in about an hour, somewhere around the 4th or 5th floor if anyone wants to join me for some "crane shots" :) (that's not like Jagermeister shots).

nm you said one hour, so about 1 ish? im trying to remember is that the one by the national city building?

I was out on near Eastern and 52nd and a semi was down there - had huge I beams on the bed. I know it wasn't met for developments on 52nd that is for sure. These were friggin huge

:dontknow: Don't think it steel will arive this soon, bor do I think it will arive through Kentwood, but hey.

I was out on near Eastern and 52nd and a semi was down there - had huge I beams on the bed. I know it wasn't met for developments on 52nd that is for sure. These were friggin huge

:dontknow: Don't think it steel will arive this soon, bor do I think it will arive through Kentwood, but hey.

I think that was some steel on trailerbed action :P

Archived