Top Golf Memphis - Opening Late 2023

Memphisborn

permit application has been filed with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation under the name Top Golf Memphis. The application is for an Individual Aquatic Resource Center permit.

The application was filed by Civil & Environmental Consultants Inc. on behalf of Franklin Land Associates, LLC to develop the site at 0 Callis Cutoff Road near Germantown.

Pending approval, construction on the site is expected to begin in July, according to the permit application.

Top Golf is an all-weather golfing complex, complete with a restaurant and bar.

Edited by VSRJ

Wow! I would have thought Memphis had a TopGolf for years now. Noticed today while driving out of Knoxville that there is what appears to be a new TopGolf going up along I-40/75 around the Pellissippi junction... and I thought there had been one nearby for years. I think that was just a driving range with high nets.  

1 hour ago, dxfret said:

Top Golf has been in most major cities for years now. Nashville’s Top Golf opened at least 10 years ago. Looks like this one in East Memphis. 

Haha! Nice try. Nashville’s Top Golf opened 4 1/2 years ago. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dxfret said:

Top Golf has been in most major cities for years now. Nashville’s Top Golf opened at least 10 years ago. Looks like this one in East Memphis. 

No, Top Golf hasn't been in most major cities for years now.  This Top Golf will sit on 22 acres  and it will be part of a 150 acre  mixed use development.  I am sure it will be like no other Top Golf that has ever been constructed. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JTM1 said:

No, Top Golf hasn't been in most major cities for years now.  This Top Golf will sit on 22 acres  and it will be part of a 150 acre  mixed use development.  I am sure it will be like no other Top Golf that has ever been constructed. 

Agreed most of them are on 13 acres so 22 is huge also that complex around it will be amazing 

On 3/25/2022 at 11:22 PM, MLBrumby said:

Wow! I would have thought Memphis had a TopGolf for years now. Noticed today while driving out of Knoxville that there is what appears to be a new TopGolf going up along I-40/75 around the Pellissippi junction... and I thought there had been one nearby for years. I think that was just a driving range with high nets.  

Originally maybe 2016-2017 we were supposed to have one. A few old articles was saying that they was searching for space close to Downtown. I believe if they were just open to areas outside of Downtown initially like now, it would of been here a few years already. 

Side note the ceo of TOPGOLF is from Memphis :tw_lol:

Edited by TheKernel91
  • Like 2

On 3/28/2022 at 2:08 AM, TheKernel91 said:

Originally maybe 2016-2017 we were supposed to have one. A few old articles was saying that they was searching for space close to Downtown. I believe if they were just open to areas outside of Downtown initially like now, it would of been here a few years already. 

Side note the ceo of TOPGOLF is from Memphis :tw_lol:

Glad there finally coming. The chosen location sound like it will be amazing 22 acres is very nice size 

• 2 weeks later...

Glad it's official now. The comments on The Commercial Appeal Facebook page is crazy. Even other local news facebook pages. Sometimes "Memphians" can be so negative. 

I honestly don't see how they are saying it's a bad location. This one woman said that the area is run down and this will  be too in no time?? I'm lost. I don't consider anything east of Quince, Winchester run down. Maybe my standards are different,  but y'all should read them. 

Edited by TheKernel91
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This location is less than a mile from Fed Ex world headquarters which sites on a golf course. Also 1 mile from germantown, about 3 from collierville, easy access to olive branch and byhalia plus east memphis.  Pretty much seems like they are in the center of the golfing community lol.  This development like everything else will do fine.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2022 at 10:35 PM, Memphis4ever said:

This location is less than a mile from Fed Ex world headquarters which sites on a golf course. Also 1 mile from germantown, about 3 from collierville, easy access to olive branch and byhalia plus east memphis.  Pretty much seems like they are in the center of the golfing community lol.  This development like everything else will do fine.

Yeah, those Facebook comments were pretty ridiculous.  Right down the road from Southwind and Windyke.  

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 8:07 PM, MDC26 said:

This is great to see and long overdue for the Memphis area. I went to Top Golf's site a short bit ago, but it's still not listed under Tennessee as "coming soon." Maybe it's not soon enough for an open date, to be listed. LOL

• Like 1

• VSRJ changed the title to Top Golf Memphis - Opening Late 2023

On 12/15/2022 at 2:58 PM, TheKernel91 said:

Any information on the complex that will be built nearby? 

I haven't seen any talk or announcement of any other development nearby.  I'm sure they will be marketing adjacent land, but haven't seen anything on it.  

On 12/19/2022 at 9:15 AM, MDC26 said:

I haven't seen any talk or announcement of any other development nearby.  I'm sure they will be marketing adjacent land, but haven't seen anything on it.  

This was the last this information I seen on it. Before anyone knew it was TopGolf, news reported it as mini golf was apart of a mixed-use development. Polo Grounds North Development 

https://sports.yahoo.com/developer-looks-add-mini-golf-211733656.html

40 minutes ago, TheKernel91 said:

This was the last this information I seen on it. Before anyone knew it was TopGolf, news reported it as mini golf was apart of a mixed-use development. Polo Grounds North Development 

Only a few locations of TopGolf has miniature golf/putt-putt that I know of (Vineyard, Richmond, Chattanooga, Dallas.)  There may be a few others.  I have no idea if the Memphis location will or won't have it.  But, I think the author of that article misused the term just due to their lack of knowledge.  They probably didn't know what to call it, so just went with mini golf.  It's not a golf course, and not putt-putt/mini golf.  I think technically, it's a driving range with games, but golf entertainment venue is probably the best term.  

Edited by MDC26

18 hours ago, TheKernel91 said:

I am curious if GBT is still involved with this. They have very deep pockets and are Nashville based and are doing some large developments here. They have some big-time investors backing them and they have around 8 billion in properties they have under management. I would not be surprised if you do not see more of them in Memphis.

They are shifting from suburban to urban development and are the ones that purchased the main Beaman site on Broadway in Nashville.