400H

RALNATIVE

Well hopefully one of the recent downtown proposals gets underway soon.  Pretty much everything currently under construction is topped out and/or nearing completion, and the Triangle economy is booming way too hard for there to be a construction lull.

I think this initial proposal was talked about in the linked thread.  Maybe we can get a mod to combine them so that there's no confusion.

• Like 2

Here is the website and it said construction would start in 2020 so maybe it just a year behind due the pandemic

Home | 400H | Downtown Raleigh Living (tryfoqe6-liquidwebsites.com)

Given that Dallas based Trammel Crow is behind this I would say it is a go.  They have the means to do it.  They have built several midrise apartments in Charlotte and a high rise office building back in the 1980s. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, nicholas said:

Well hopefully one of the recent downtown proposals gets underway soon.  Pretty much everything currently under construction is topped out and/or nearing completion, and the Triangle economy is booming way too hard for there to be a construction lull.

I think this initial proposal was talked about in the linked thread.  Maybe we can get a mod to combine them so that there's no confusion.

I think that this development is substantial enough to have it's own thread. That's why I created it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fencing has been up for a couple weeks now, existing buildings are still there though.  Hopefully this will spur a redevelopment of the parking deck diagonally across the street, which is a huge dead zone and I hardly ever see cars parked there anyway.  This and the AC Hotel are really going to help connect Glenwood South with the Warehouse District, however the tracks are an obstacle and I wonder if there is any chance of a dedicated pedestrian bridge being built to further connect both of those areas.  Currently there are sidewalks mostly everywhere, but a lot of them are narrow and right up against the street which isn't super ideal for an area that is really starting to fill in.

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

IMG_5184.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2021 at 3:39 PM, NorRalNat said:

Busted a few caps of the 400H site. It's definitely going to make the Hillsborough St approach into downtown a beautiful sight when it's completed. I say now that Raleigh has done it's job with the "filler" buildings. It's time to get those 40+ story buildings. 

I was just thinking too that this was the last of this size within the main grid. 

• Like 4