The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

12 hours ago, orange87 said:

You just know the intent behind this is something relating to “racial justice.” A sort of “reparation” (if you will). This is why people like Trump get elected.

Biden to hike payments for good-credit homebuyers to subsidize high-risk mortgages

Article: https://www.westernmassnews.com/2023/04/26/getting-answers-new-federal-rule-could-lead-higher-mortgage-rates/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#lgzvzqmqhq94o06slse

Borrowers who put down less than 20 percent will still pay more in total fees for their mortgage because they will pay a private mortgage insurance premium in addition to their GSE fees. So if the cost of mortgage insurance is added to the GSEs’ pricing grid, the borrowers’ costs will track their risk as one would expect: those with lower credit scores will pay more than those with higher credit scores, and those with higher LTV ratios will pay more than those with lower LTV ratios. 

Despite the recent coverage, then, FHFA is not raising fees on borrowers with good credit to lower them for those with bad credit. It is raising fees on loans there is little reason to discount so that it can better serve those who need the help. While FHFA is also raising fees modestly on the GSEs’ core business, this increase is paying almost entirely for higher capital requirements, not the cross-subsidy.

https://www.urban.org/urban-wire/no-fannie-mae-and-freddie-mac-arent-penalizing-people-good-credit-help-people-bad-credit

• Like 1

According to CBS:

For instance, starting next month a homebuyer with a credit score between 640 to 659 — considered "fair" — and who has a down payment of 5% will incur an LLPA of 1.5%. Prior to the change, the fee for this group of buyers was 2.75%. That means someone purchasing a $200,000 home would pay an LLPA fee of $3,000 under the new structure, down from $5,000 previously.

But some purchasers won't get as good deal as they did before. For instance, homebuyers with credit scores of 740 to 759 — considered "very good" — and putting 20% down will face a new LLPA of 1%, compared with 0.5% previously. For the purchase of a $200,000 home, that means the fee will double to $2,000. 

...However, the changes are complex and don't uniformly increase LLPAs for people with high credit scores. Some people with good credit scores will see no change, while a few types of borrowers with high scores could see a slight improvement. For instance, buyers with a credit score of above 780, considered excellent, and who make a downpayment of 5% will see their LLPA decline by 0.625 percentage points. That could have an "unintended consequence," noted Rajiv Sethi, a professor of economics at Barnard College and Columbia University, in a blog post. "Those with reasonably high credit scores and substantial wealth [could] choose to lower their down payments strategically in order to benefit from lower fees," he wrote.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mortgage-fee-structure-2023-llpa-credit-score-buying-a-home/

To call it reparations for people of color is not accurate. While homeownership is significantly lower for black, hispanic and Asian people, that does not mean minorities are the only ones to benefit because white homebuyers also benefit from the change since it's based on credit scores and LTV range -- not race.

Anecdotally, as a landlord with a near perfect score and as a mixed race person, I've seen ALL races with low credit scores and one of the worst credit scores/history I've ever seen was from a white woman, just saying.

I don't necessarily agree with the changes because at face value it does appear to remove the incentive of striving for good credit (although it looks like I may not be negatively impacted by the new parameters), but then again I'm honest enough to admit that I'm not familiar with the inner workings of how loans/fees are worked out behind the scenes either.

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I think what this country needs is to embrace cults.  I'm starting a new one (or another version of an existing one?) based on this guy.  I'm in a Crystal Ships sort of mood today.  Any takers?

196469192_335461727941320_4093115991561517464_n.jpg

We have many cults already. The DNC and the RNC are two of the biggest. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, jack said:

We have many cults already. The DNC and the RNC are two of the biggest. 

sad but true.  it really is true. I admit it...I viewed Trump like that.  Obama had a similar effect.  Biden is a place holder for Obama.  W was a place holder for Cheney and HW.  Clinton was like that...HW was boring but evil with his WWE vision- I'd call him a place holder except that he was "ex" Alphabet (uh...ok...)

Reagan was like that... Carter was too nice...Ford was, uh, a Michigan Wolverine...and Tricky Dicky was...tricky.  LBJ was boring but scheming...and...The One Who Has Stadiums, Airports, and Fifty Cent Pieces Named And Modeled After Him And His Name Written All Over Marilyn Monroe was like that.

Football teams are like that, I have to say...The cult of Tim Tebow; The Cult of Steve Spurrier...with regards to UF.  Also, The Cult of Dan Marino...

4 hours ago, orange87 said:

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 5.42.29 PM.png

Biden rolled them.

I think McCarthy knows, as do the rest of them I'm guessing (and hoping), that the majority of voters see through the sham the Republicans are trying to perpetrate and if the economy tanks because of their little power game, they'd pay for it at the polls.  

Hopefully it was all a bluff.  

A GOP House seat goes vacant with an outside chance of flipping to the Dems. More headaches for Speaker McCarthy.

Utah Republican Chris Stewart plans to resign from House

Article: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/30/chris-stewart-resign-congress-00099283?fbclid=IwAR1gNCs28MJ81hgmhYdodtL7zv9hRCJTBOrN1rRJ0Hc1FO34t16ZofY5iUU

37 minutes ago, orange87 said:

A GOP House seat goes vacant with an outside chance of flipping to the Dems. More headaches for Speaker McCarthy.

Utah Republican Chris Stewart plans to resign from House

Article: https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/30/chris-stewart-resign-congress-00099283?fbclid=IwAR1gNCs28MJ81hgmhYdodtL7zv9hRCJTBOrN1rRJ0Hc1FO34t16ZofY5iUU

Oh, it's in Utah...

taken.jpeg

President Biden has shown time and time again he can get things done in Washington on a bipartisan basis; something that Trump couldn't do at all. Biden isn't given enough credit, even by Democrats. I will be happy to vote for him next election.

Biden signs debt limit bill, avoiding U.S. default

Article: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-signs-bill-lifting-us-debt-limit-2023-06-03/?fbclid=IwAR05Pnv1XI6yvQ1uq7Ru75ZOL4tE9eTEqtboax3QEfQX3rGHWfxgY_V-2BE

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, orange87 said:

President Biden has shown time and time again he can get things done in Washington on a bipartisan basis; something that Trump couldn't do at all. Biden isn't given enough credit, even by Democrats. I will be happy to vote for him next election.

Biden signs debt limit bill, avoiding U.S. default

Article: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-signs-bill-lifting-us-debt-limit-2023-06-03/?fbclid=IwAR05Pnv1XI6yvQ1uq7Ru75ZOL4tE9eTEqtboax3QEfQX3rGHWfxgY_V-2BE

I'll admit the age thing concerns me, but he wouldn't be the oldest world leader in history.

And even if he becomes physically frail, I think that, contrary to the right's typical mischaracterization and character assassination attempts, he's still mentally sharp enough to handle the responsibility.

Old age does not automatically mean loss of cognitive ability.

My mom lived to be almost 95 and she was cogent enough to have a conversation with right up until the very end.  

When she was Biden's (current) age, she was living alone, cleaning her house, working in her garden, driving herself around town to go shopping etc, etc with no assistance whatsoever. 

Anyway, yeah I'll be voting for him too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aent said:

But Biden clearly has lost it. Trump took a cognitive test when the left demanded it, why won't Biden?

The one he had administered by his personal, bought and paid for "doctor"....

TS-Dr.-Harold-Bornstein-Trumps-former-pe

....who called Trump "the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency.” and who himself, died at the relatively young age of 73?

Yeah, sure.  :rolleyes:

If you believe anything that guy or any other Trump associate ever said, I've got some nice land down in the southern tip of the state I'll sell you for a great price.

Map-of-Everglades-National-Park-showing- 

:thumbsup: 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, aent said:

But Biden clearly has lost it. Trump took a cognitive test when the left demanded it, why won't Biden?

President Biden has had a stuttering problem since he was a child. He managed to reduce it later in life, but it still affects him sometimes. Stuttering has nothing to do with how mentally fit someone is.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'll admit the age thing concerns me, but he wouldn't be the oldest world leader in history.

And even if he becomes physically frail, I think that, contrary to the right's typical mischaracterization and character assassination attempts, he's still mentally sharp enough to handle the responsibility.

Old age does not automatically mean loss of cognitive ability.

My mom lived to be almost 95 and she was cogent enough to have a conversation with right up until the very end.  

When she was Biden's (current) age, she was living alone, cleaning her house, working in her garden, driving herself around town to go shopping etc, etc with no assistance whatsoever. 

Anyway, yeah I'll be voting for him too. 

At Biden's age, physical decline is to be expected. Physical decline (as you know) isn't the same as cognitive decline. Let's remember that Franklin D. Roosevelt was in a wheelchair during his Presidency and he still managed to be a great President. I too wish Biden was younger, but if we simply look at what Biden has accomplished as President objectively, his record speaks for itself. Despite what his detractors say, his record is impressive, especially during an era of such bitter partisan gridlock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

At Biden's age, physical decline is to be expected. Physical decline (as you know) isn't the same as cognitive decline. Let's remember that Franklin D. Roosevelt was in a wheelchair during his Presidency and he still managed to be a great President. I too wish Biden was younger, but if we simply look at what Biden has accomplished as President objectively, his record speaks for itself. Despite what his detractors say, his record is impressive, especially during an era of such bitter partisan gridlock.

If the Democrats manage to find an electable candidate to run in the primary, who is not a far left, Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren/AOC style progressive, who has a good track record whether in government, the military or private industry, and who is appreciably younger and more physically fit than Biden, I would consider voting for that person in both the primary and general election.

But I'm pretty sure Biden is going to be our guy. 

5 hours ago, JFW657 said:

If the Democrats manage to find an electable candidate to run in the primary, who is not a far left, Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren/AOC style progressive, who has a good track record whether in government, the military or private industry, and who is appreciably younger and more physically fit than Biden, I would consider voting for that person in both the primary and general election.

But I'm pretty sure Biden is going to be our guy. 

... a Kennedy...

14 hours ago, JFW657 said:

RFK Jr. might toss his hat in the ring, but I don't know what kind of chance he's got.

Sounds like he holds some rather strange anti-vaxxer views. 

LOL. I like him already.  He may become my new Him.

Nah, Biden's the guy...I think...he has to be...because as long as he's prez, I get to look at his rather attractive doctor of a First Lady wife in her public appearances.  

And before you judge...I also am fond of Hills and Nancy...  especially Nancy.   Just look at the look she gives Trump.  Wow.  My "conservative" pals think I'm completely mental and disgusting.  One, because they hate her, and two because she's older.  Blah on both reasons.  Their loss.  Seriously, talk about a dom...Paul is one lucky guy.  Just look at her:

GettyImages-1094214550.webp

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

LOL. I like him already.  He may become my new Him.

Nah, Biden's the guy...I think...he has to be...because as long as he's prez, I get to look at his rather attractive doctor of a First Lady wife in her public appearances.  

And before you judge...I also am fond of Hills and Nancy...  especially Nancy.   Just look at the look she gives Trump.  Wow.  My "conservative" pals think I'm completely mental and disgusting.  One, because they hate her, and two because she's older.  Blah on both reasons.  Their loss.  Seriously, talk about a dom...Paul is one lucky guy.  Just look at her:

GettyImages-1094214550.webp

Nancy Pelosi was a force to be reckoned with as Speaker. Possibly the best/most effective in history. Tireless. Indefatigable. Driven.

Hillary too, to a lesser degree. But she'd have made a great President I think. She'd have commanded respect from Putin, Kim and Jinping. She got royally screwed.

And the nonsense conspiracies that have been proffered about her doing things like murdering people, running a pedophile ring and God knows what else. There are some truly and frighteningly stupid and gullible people in this world. 

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Nancy Pelosi was a force to be reckoned with as Speaker. Possibly the best/most effective in history. Tireless. Indefatigable. Driven.

Hillary too, to a lesser degree. But she'd have made a great President I think. She'd have commanded respect from Putin, Kim and Jinping. She got royally screwed.

And the nonsense conspiracies that have been proffered about her doing things like murdering people, running a pedophile ring and God knows what else. There are some truly and frighteningly stupid and gullible people in this world. 

I was supporting Hills when the '08 primaries were afoot, but then the Kennedys threw their endorsements behind BHO.  So did Colin Powell.  I thought that was ignorant on Powell's part because he did it for racial reasons, and not b/c he thought he was better than Hillary.  People are tribal; I get it; it's all good.  Kennedy did it for other reasons.  A colleague within the GOP told me years ago that the reason they threw their support behind BHO was b/c they felt he had the best chance of passing the healthcare bill.  I personally felt Hills would have been a viper on the international stage and would have made a good president ala presence, etc.  Her being female was never an issue for me.

Regarding Speakers, my reference point was always Tip O'Neill.

As for conspiracies about kids, cults, and windowless rape vans, nobody really knows what any of these people do or don't do behind closed doors or in 5th Ave penthouse suites...  you forgot the one about Reptilians from Zeta Reticuli...