Kimpton Hotel in the West End

GreenvilleSucks

7 minutes ago, GVLer said:

It's an attractive building. The website has no information to speak of. I am curious to see how receptive the market is to condos sharing amenities with hotel guests.

Full brochure: 

https://thevardry.com/brochure/

Brasfield & Gorrie is the general contractor. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

Interesting article in the P&C about the Kimpton project in Charleston.  Developers are shying away from multifamily projects. "Charleston development seeks more hotel rooms and less multifamily." https://www.postandcourier.com/business/charleston-kimpton-sanctuary-kiawah-hotels-forbes/article_ca322652-c6a6-11ee-952c-d3e7eddd25ca.html

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

The ones I want see start are Gateway and College St buildings!

Ehhh, I'm open to seeing a new proposal for the gateway site (ideally combining it with the Canal parcel).  I'm not convinced that the current proposal, which is going to resemble the McClaren in many respects, is really the best we can get at that site. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Ehhh, I'm open to seeing a new proposal for the gateway site (ideally combining it with the Canal parcel).  I'm not convinced that the current proposal, which is going to resemble the McClaren in many respects, is really the best we can get at that site. 

It's by FAR the best proposal in 27 years,  I'd like to see it developed in my lifetime. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Third times the charm?

The ones I want see start are Gateway and College St buildings!

Due to it being a new developer who actually seems to know what they’re doing (notice their McDaniel project is well under construction with lots of units pre-sold) and the fact they have a large general contractor lined up with a construction timeline I would say yes. Big reveal party with website launched and residential units now for sale which is wayyy more than the previous developer ever did bodes well. Q2 2024 is literally around the corner also. 

I see the Beach Company project moving forward as they have the same large general contractor lined up as the Kimpton along with a construction timeline. They’re currently in the process of getting their permits from the city which is good news. They have no problems giving updates to the media and I don’t know of any proposed project by them that hasn’t gotten built either.

The gateway site…Yeesh. No updates from the developer. They refuse to respond to media inquires. No general contractor lined up to my knowledge. No soil driller or surveyors ever on site. No nothing. The site is beyond cursed. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 months later...

The Vardry Residences is an upcoming development in Greenville’s West End near Fluor Field and the planned Trueline Music Venue.

There have been some updates to this development since the last check in. The project will now include 26 condos and 133 hotel rooms. The condos will range from 1,500 square feet to 4,000-plus square feet.

The retail space will total about 9,500 square feet including two food and beverage spaces — one restaurant and one cocktail bar. The development will no longer have a pool deck. Instead, the space previously allotted for a pool will be an outdoor terrace.

Kyle Keene of Keene Development Group said construction should begin in the fall at the latest, with the hope being for late summer.

Source: https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/square-feet/status-update-12-upstate-commercial-real-estate-projects/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...