Animals across the Carolinas

KJHburg

4 hours ago, turbocraig said:

Probably wandered over from SouthPark.  Could’ve escaped from his crate(&barrel).   

Thank you folks, I’m here all week.  Try the chicken tenders.  

Oh that makes more sense. I thought he meant a retired NBA player from a few years ago.

what happens and it does happen down in the Lowcountry the gator was in pond or lagoon nearby probably floated into a storm drain then popped out of the drain LOL.   They have inches and inches of rain the Holy City due to Bertha.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a bear was on the prowl in eastern Meck county.   Bears come down from the foothills and mountains in the spring.   

Dare County home of the OBX has one of the highest concentrations of black bears in the east (Dare County mainland though when I went looking for them they were all in hibernation)

See the source image

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Herd immunity?   these elk moving as a herd on the grassy field of Great Smoky Mountains National Park right outside of Cherokee and this herd was on the move.  

Some of the young bucks like to graze in the median of US 441 to the chagrin of the park rangers. 

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9106.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

IMG_9114.JPG

IMG_9124.JPG

IMG_9138.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

IMG_9133 (2).JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Weimaraner puppy, Ike (so named because President Eisenhower had one) spies a deer for the first time, from my library (which sounds better than home office).  He's now 4.5 months old; these pics are a month old or so.

In the first pic, note the doe's fawn, who is a bit shy, in the right background.

IMG_0270.jpeg

A staring contest, which lasted about 45 seconds:

IMG_0232.jpeg

Edited by southernnorthcarolina
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...