Go Gators!

dcluley98

2 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I don't think Mike White knows how to coach well.  He can recruit, but much beyond that I'm not so sure about.

We’re going to have to see which UCONN we’re going to get - the former national champion or the mess.

The football team has fallen apart as they know that leaving the American is their death knell as a P6 team - why bother?

MBB, on the other hand, may have the motivation as they get ready to head back to the Big East, to overperform and show folks what they can do. It’s going to be interesting to watch what they do this year.

52 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

We’re going to have to see which UCONN we’re going to get - the former national champion or the mess.

The football team has fallen apart as they know that leaving the American is their death knell as a P6 team - why bother?

MBB, on the other hand, may have the motivation as they get ready to head back to the Big East, to overperform and show folks what they can do. It’s going to be interesting to watch what they do this year.

if this UCONN team was the "mess" then imagine what the Gator BB squad that they beat is...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Well, you keep telling me the rankings really mean something and don’t just reflect pre-existing biases of the writers and coaches, and UF was ranked, so....

yes, but I also stated that they look at returning players + recruiting class rank(s).  But they don't look at whether some players are underperforming bums or players not buying into the HC's program...unfortunately.  So, we'll see how it goes as the season ensues...

• Like 1

So, the Gayterz BB team won that Invitational they were in.  They lost to UConn, but then beat St.J, Da U, and Xavier (who beat UConn).  I did not anticipate this, but I am very glad they seem to be beginning to gel and get things done on both sides of the ball now.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 7:23 PM, spenser1058 said:

So, Guilfoyle is one smart woman.  She is hot and married into big money. 

The elite push a narrative (on both sides) and people get all riled up...while all the ultra rich stay rich and everyone else doesn't.  The NYT is fake news, but to be fair all news is fake news.  When I say fake, I don't mean the way Trump means.  He says it as a way to distract and discredit his own message on purpose.  It's a tactic.  The NYT is just singled out so that people don't start realizing that this is the deal globally.   Propaganda.  Propaganda which is orchestrated by the top beyond both sides of the aisle.  Because of this and the dog and pony show they've created for decades I no longer take anything that CNN or Trump has to say seriously, because it's all orchestrated and geared to polarize the masses, of which I am part of.  The dog and pony show in DC is pathetic yet scary at the same time.  They are laughing at everyone who buys into this bullcrap thinking it's all real, organic, and not orchestrated, but in actuality is just the ultimate form of reality tv.  Cheers!

2 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

So, Guilfoyle is one smart woman.  She is hot and married into big money. 

The elite push a narrative (on both sides) and people get all riled up...while all the ultra rich stay rich and everyone else doesn't.  The NYT is fake news, but to be fair all news is fake news.  When I say fake, I don't mean the way Trump means.  He says it as a way to distract and discredit his own message on purpose.  It's a tactic.  The NYT is just singled out so that people don't start realizing that this is the deal globally.   Propaganda.  Propaganda which is orchestrated by the top beyond both sides of the aisle.  Because of this and the dog and pony show they've created for decades I no longer take anything that CNN or Trump has to say seriously, because it's all orchestrated and geared to polarize the masses, of which I am part of.  The dog and pony show in DC is pathetic yet scary at the same time.  They are laughing at everyone who buys into this bullcrap thinking it's all real, organic, and not orchestrated, but in actuality is just the ultimate form of reality tv.  Cheers!

The view you have is what has destroyed the Republican Party. You can run government like Steve Bannon wants once, bust as Scotty said, “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.”

What we’re seeing with each passing election is that most Americans are realizing that the politics are one thing but that the institutions that hold the state together are something else entirely.

As a result, Trump has been bringing out more new people voting against him than he is supporters. In Louisiana last week, a heavily Republican state, The Donald got 64K additional voters for the GOP but 98K new voters for the Democrats. The same thing happened in Kentucky and Virginia.

They pulled off this circus once - if the GOP doesn’t reign it in, they’ll be in the same boat as the Whigs. 

55 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

The view you have is what has destroyed the Republican Party. You can run government like Steve Bannon wants once, bust as Scotty said, “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.”

What we’re seeing with each passing election is that most Americans are realizing that the politics are one thing but that the institutions that hold the state together are something else entirely.

As a result, Trump has been bringing out more new people voting against him than he is supporters. In Louisiana last week, a heavily Republican state, The Donald got 64K additional voters for the GOP but 98K new voters for the Democrats. The same thing happened in Kentucky and Virginia.

They pulled off this circus once - if the GOP doesn’t reign it in, they’ll be in the same boat as the Whigs. 

It's all orchestrated, though.  Whatever the GOP does or doesn't do is by design.  The Dems and GOP are merely two sides of the same coin.  I used to think that the Perot example was what we saw about the two parties' reluctance to lose credibility and power.  But, that was a fallacy because we don't have real choices in national politics.  Everything is scripted, even DJT's tweets.  It's all part of the same scheme.  If the country goes left to the apparent dismay of the right, it's by design, not because of organic societal evolution of thought or preferences.  The Trump "circus" was just that because that's how they wanted it.  They don't have to fix polls.  That's not they're style.  They do it by influencing voters- and I'm not talking about the GOP- I'm talking about both parties-but they do it under the direction of who really controls things.  Politicians are nothing.  The banks and those that control them are everything- the same bunch that manipulates the left, right, and middle with the media.  Trump isn't exposing them; he is every bit part of it.

21 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

...or maybe I just took one too many tokes...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Yup, he's leaving before senior season. Good luck to Feliepe. He was a good Gator and will always be a Gator. 

not to spread ill will, but he is a quitter.  He expects the starting job to be handed to him in 2020.  If Trask didn't get hurt in the Mizzou game in 2018, he might not have regained his starting role.  That must be what he's been afraid of all this time.  Because if he was better than Trask and knew that he was better, he would come back expecting to win the QB battle.  But he doesn't and so he's not.  And he's throwing away all the training he got under Mullen.  It's not sour grapes on my part.  Now, if he is vying to go pro, b/c he senses his "mortality" ala injuries and half-life as a healthy qb, then so be it.

I get it; Bryant, Hurts, Eason, Fields all entered the transfer portal too.  Driskell, Brissette, Del Rio, Appleby, Grier ala UF...  I guess I should just get over it and move on.  It's just that with Grier, I still believe that McElwain wanted him gone b/c of his schmoozing with Jack Del Rio, otherwise he would've stayed in 2016.

Back to Franks-  He was talking about transferring during the Auburn game- and that was only after UF finished the UK game without him, beat UT, and two scrub teams.  Seriously?  Was he expecting Trask to fall on his face and Gator Nation to be saying "whoah to us" b/c of franks' injury?  How pathetic.  He decided to transfer that quickly.

Mullen knew Franks was a head case.  He was a head case in 2017.  He did not play like the 5th best pocket passer in the country.  Coming into 2018 nobody thought UF would be any good b/c of the return of Franks and how he performed in 2017.  But Mullen, the QB whisperer brought out the best in him- even though he still couldn't look off his primary receiver. 

In 2019, how many times did he try to lose the Miami game for us?  Throwing into 3 white jerseys when we're trying to run out the clock?  WTF? His crappy level of play carried over into the next game, and led to his injury at UK.  He knew it.

And then Trask becomes the hero of the UK game.  Oh, he didn't like that one bit, I guarantee you.  He did not want to see the team successful without him as the starter.

Back to Trask.  Mullen knew Franks was a head case and knew Trask was a TEAM PLAYER.  So, he asked the team player to take the No.2 spot to quell the prima donna, because he needed the depth.  Now that he doesn't really need the depth all that much, the prima donna is afraid of the competition.  

25 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

not to spread ill will, but he is a quitter.  He expects the starting job to be handed to him in 2020.  If Trask didn't get hurt in the Mizzou game in 2018, he might not have regained his starting role.  That must be what he's been afraid of all this time.  Because if he was better than Trask and knew that he was better, he would come back expecting to win the QB battle.  But he doesn't and so he's not.  And he's throwing away all the training he got under Mullen.  It's not sour grapes on my part.  Now, if he is vying to go pro, b/c he senses his "mortality" ala injuries and half-life as a healthy qb, then so be it.

I get it; Bryant, Hurts, Eason, Fields all entered the transfer portal too.  Driskell, Brissette, Del Rio, Appleby, Grier ala UF...  I guess I should just get over it and move on.  It's just that with Grier, I still believe that McElwain wanted him gone b/c of his schmoozing with Jack Del Rio, otherwise he would've stayed in 2016.

Back to Franks-  He was talking about transferring during the Auburn game- and that was only after UF finished the UK game without him, beat UT, and two scrub teams.  Seriously?  Was he expecting Trask to fall on his face and Gator Nation to be saying "whoah to us" b/c of franks' injury?  How pathetic.  He decided to transfer that quickly.

Mullen knew Franks was a head case.  He was a head case in 2017.  He did not play like the 5th best pocket passer in the country.  Coming into 2018 nobody thought UF would be any good b/c of the return of Franks and how he performed in 2017.  But Mullen, the QB whisperer brought out the best in him- even though he still couldn't look off his primary receiver. 

In 2019, how many times did he try to lose the Miami game for us?  Throwing into 3 white jerseys when we're trying to run out the clock?  WTF? His crappy level of play carried over into the next game, and led to his injury at UK.  He knew it.

And then Trask becomes the hero of the UK game.  Oh, he didn't like that one bit, I guarantee you.  He did not want to see the team successful without him as the starter.

Back to Trask.  Mullen knew Franks was a head case and knew Trask was a TEAM PLAYER.  So, he asked the team player to take the No.2 spot to quell the prima donna, because he needed the depth.  Now that he doesn't really need the depth all that much, the prima donna is afraid of the competition.  

Wow - maybe jrs2 should be the Bulls’ new HC. Charge  On!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Latest rumor overheard by Joey Knight at the St Pete Times: Steve Spurrier Jr. to USF?

Get your visits ready! Imagine the quotes from Dad!

I didn't know Jr was even a coach.  I think SOS sent him to Duke back in the day for his schooling

The O'Connell Center will now include the “Billy Donovan Court” in honor of the Gators’ award-winning hoops coach:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-gators-basketball-billy-donovan-20191206-sc2so5usq5ezvd7im33egal6sm-story.html

Meanwhile, the “jrs2 Keg Stand” will be immortalized at BHG in a few weeks in a ceremony to be streamed live on ESPNU. Don’t miss it!

From the Sentinel 

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 4:16 PM, spenser1058 said:

The O'Connell Center will now include the “Billy Donovan Court” in honor of the Gators’ award-winning hoops coach:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-gators-basketball-billy-donovan-20191206-sc2so5usq5ezvd7im33egal6sm-story.html

Meanwhile, the “jrs2 Keg Stand” will be immortalized at BHG in a few weeks in a ceremony to be streamed live on ESPNU. Don’t miss it!

From the Sentinel 

yes!  and they are bringing in a European bronze-smith to create the masterpiece!

LOL. So the brain trust at Warchant don't see Mullen as a threat to them in the future.  He's not who they should be concerned about; it's the financial juggernaut aka UF they should be worried about.  THE state U can't afford a coach with a large buyout; hires their 5th choice in coach; can't afford a bona fide football building while UF is pouring $85M into one.  So, if that's what recruits like, then THE state U won't be able to compete.  That, plus the fact that Mullen is 2-0 against them and UF's depth is getting deeper with some of the most well coached players on most any roster.

Besides, UF is just one game.  Dabo won't slow down at Clemson.  And Mack Brown is at UNC and already snagged a qb from them (fairly easily I might add).  Wake usually has their number and Miami won't necessarily suck since they get good recruits and already beat them in Tally this year.  

They're smoking crack.  UF finished No.7 last year and is No. 6 right now, with their only losses to perhaps the eventual national champ and the SEC runner up

And another thing.  I've watched interviews with Norvell.  His demeanor does not evoke confidence in leading that program, and, it also does not evoke confidence that he can maintain control of the coaching staff and locker room.  I got the same vibe from Taggart.  I heard Stoops rejected them b/c he was told Odell had to stay.  So, this guy seems more like a yes man.  With that in mind, by all means, keep him there for a long time.