Nashville International Airport PHOTOS (BNA), Airlines and Flights General discussion

Lexy

19 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

Also, this makes BNA & Chicago-Midway (MDW) the only airports to serve all 11 of Southwest Airlines'  Florida cities in either a seasonal or year-round capacity. 

Hooray! I can visit you guys in Nashville easily now. Still waiting for year round service to Palm Beach International Airport though but hopefully it will come one day. I’m located equidistant between PBI and FLL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leggy77 said:

Delta decreasing presence  in  Nashville, no longer a Delta "focus"  city.

https://airlineweekly.com/delta-trims-3-focus-cities-consolidates-in-austin-and-raleigh-durham/

Weird I thought they were being pushed out of RDU by very sharp budget airline competition. I guess they're focussing on Post-Covid business travel. 

21 minutes ago, leggy77 said:

https://airlineweekly.com/delta-trims-3-focus-cities-consolidates-in-austin-and-raleigh-durham/

Eh, no real surprise at all. They want to fight where some cities have  more spread out numbers, such as Austin & Raleigh/Durham. 

There may be a random point-to-point route or two, but nothing really substantial from Delta, or the other legacies in American & United for that matter, for a while post-pandemic. 

Also, I expect this summer to be RIDICULOUS in terms of traffic & also high fares from so much pent up demand and we're already seeing it with spring break season commencing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leggy77 said:

Did Delta really ever do anything in BNA to actually make it a focus city?  They announced it with great fanfare but then did nothing.  In the meantime, Southwest and, especially, Allegiant have continued to expand here like crazy.  Since Delta had trans-Atlantic flights to non-focus cities (ie Indianapolis) pre-covid, there's no reason to think that BNA can't still be on their radar.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, leggy77 said:

Delta was going to increase the size of the Sky Lounge dramatically $20 Million renovation, covid hit and that is not happening. Plus rules out any delta international flights coming anytime soon after covid.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-massively-expanding-nashville-sky-club-in-2020/

I don’t think Nashville can expect any more international flights until at least 2023, not because there is no demand, but because the airline industry is ruined and will take until then to recover, and the international terminal will open then. Even here in Miami we have less than half the number of international flights running that we had before covid hit.

17 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Did Delta really ever do anything in BNA to actually make it a focus city?  They announced it with great fanfare but then did nothing.  In the meantime, Southwest and, especially, Allegiant have continued to expand here like crazy.  Since Delta had trans-Atlantic flights to non-focus cities (ie Indianapolis) pre-covid, there's no reason to think that BNA can't still be on their radar.

Indianapolis threw heavy incentives at Delta and it performed okay, but wasn't near as successful as British Airways into here. Delta pulled the IND-CDG (Paris Charles de Gaulle) flight and it likely will not return. Leisure just can't make up for the collapse in business travel outside of big tourism markets, such as Nashville & New Orleans, that are only suspended versus cancelled, unlike Pittsburgh. 

The big 3 carriers are entrenching their hubs and also performing strategic leisure point-to-point flights right now, particularly American & United with interesting additions to either Florida, Cancun, or both. 

Edited by NashRugger
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, leggy77 said:

Delta was going to increase the size of the Sky Lounge dramatically $20 Million renovation, covid hit and that is not happening. Plus rules out any delta international flights coming anytime soon after covid.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-massively-expanding-nashville-sky-club-in-2020/

As far as I know, the new Delta Sky Lounge is still under construction

Delta airplanes are designed for business travel. Nashville is dominated by leisure travelers. BNA never had a chance to be a focus city. Austin and Raleigh are logical choices due to geography and business to leisure ratio 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LA_TN said:

As far as I know, the new Delta Sky Lounge is still under construction

Delta airplanes are designed for business travel. Nashville is dominated by leisure travelers. BNA never had a chance to be a focus city. Austin and Raleigh are logical choices due to geography and business to leisure ratio 

Actually I feel like Nashville being dominated by leisure travelers is a good omen for the near future as leisure travel is expected to come back stronger then business travel due to things like zoom making remote meetings possible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Spirit Airlines announces a nonstop flight between Nashville and New York's LaGuardia Airport starting in June.

More at Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/transportation/aviation/article/21146448/spirit-to-connect-nashville-to-nyc

Good golly, Spirit has been at BNA since just October 2019, and this will make 11 nonstop destinations it'll serve from Nashville and the 4th airline to fly BNA-LGA.  Between Spirit, Southwest, and Allegiant, no wonder Delta gave up trying to make Nashville a focus city.

1 hour ago, jmtunafish said:

Good golly, Spirit has been at BNA since just October 2019, and this will make 11 nonstop destinations it'll serve from Nashville and the 4th airline to fly BNA-LGA.  Between Spirit, Southwest, and Allegiant, no wonder Delta gave up trying to make Nashville a focus city.

Spirit, Southwest, Delta Connection and American Eagle. 
Not Allegient. :D

Edited by Sean blackdog

1 hour ago, Sean blackdog said:

Spirit, Southwest, Delta Connection and American Eagle. 
Not Allegient. :D

???  Spirit, Southwest, and Allegiant have been expanding like crazy at BNA.  Delta hasn't and apparently can't compete.  That's what I was talking about.  What does American Eagle have to do with it?

4 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

???  Spirit, Southwest, and Allegiant have been expanding like crazy at BNA.  Delta hasn't and apparently can't compete.  That's what I was talking about.  What does American Eagle have to do with it?

Flights to LaGuardia is the connection. American Eagle flies there from BNA, Allegiant doesn’t.

Edited by donNdonelson2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Flights to LaGuardia is the connection. American Eagle flies there from BNA, Allegiant doesn’t.

OK.  I guess my post wasn't very clear.  I was referring to the three airlines that have been expanding rapidly at BNA, not the three airlines that currently fly BNA-LGA.

Edited by jmtunafish

20 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

Delta seat configurations make it impossible to compete with Spirit, Southwest, and Allegient. Delta planes require, at least, some percentage of business travelers to fly; and BNA is not pulling any business travel, currently. Delta must deploy planes to other routes to remain profitable

When Spirit showed up, I think we all thought that would be the #1 competition for Southwest; but, it has been Allegient that has gone toe to toe with Southwest, thus far

• Like 2