Vertical Medical City | 40-Story Medical High Rise [Proposed]

orange87

2 hours ago, orange87 said:

"So excited to finally announce our Vertical Medical City - Orlando Founding Advisory Board ; Our 7 Advisory Board Members will help make this new facility the world-class destination we have all envisioned, to create the best most successful outcome of each of our residents, staff, and visitors."

71092894_2206546469644224_4049540460841009152_o.jpg

Is it just me or does it seem like a conflict of interest for someone who works with the City since it has to approve the building or is he exempt?

3 hours ago, AmIReal said:

In his role at the City he does not vote on anything. I don't see any issue with his involvement.

That's kind of where I was going there.  If, and only if, he was to vote on something that was a conflict you would assume he will be compelled to recuse himself.

Not like from everything.  People who work for governments serve on boards all the time.  They just have to receive adequate training on when they need to declare/recuse.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

That's kind of where I was going there.  If, and only if, he was to vote on something that was a conflict you would assume he will be compelled to recuse himself.

Not like from everything.  People who work for governments serve on boards all the time.  They just have to receive adequate training on when they need to declare/recuse.

I think what triggered my interest was that he was quoted on its likelihood in the media a few times about our beloved Ron Paul Memorial VMC.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My question from the beginning was how a relatively young architect had the expertise in development to make this occur. What we’ve seen is an endless parade of plans submitted, which is what an architect might do. I seem to have been correct in wondering where her actual development chops would come from.

Edited by spenser1058

2 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

My question from the beginning was how a relatively young architect had the expertise in development to make this occur. What we’ve seen is an endless parade of plans submitted, which is what an architect might do. I seemed to have been correct in wondering where her actual development chops would come from.

How did Ted Mosby land the Goliath National Bank building?  Sometimes you just are a young architect and the cards all fall the right way.

• Like 1