Orlando's Hometown National Champions

Jernigan

For the second year in a row, the AAC had an intraconference match on prime time on ABC while the PAC-12 did the same on FOX.

For the second time, wanna guess which conference won the time slot?

Let’s just say... POW6R IS HERE.

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-saturday-november-2-2019/

From TV By the Numbers

Who was it who said in this thread the networks just aren’t interested in the American because we don’t bring the viewers? 

33 minutes ago, Dale said:

Headline: UCF’s Path to National Championship Gets Tougher

It’s a rebuilding year for sure while true freshmen DG gets his sea legs but let’s see if men’s hoops can get us back to the Big Show. Meanwhile, Men’s Soccer, Women’s Volleyball and Women’s Crew are tearin’ it up. There’s always a sport at UCF ready to Charge On!

25 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

So... UF has 2 losses on the year already so they more than likely won't make the Playoff...BUT...those two losses occurred after they were still undefeated and beat Auburn!  So, you know what that means!!!

All you’ll have to do is get one of the rating systems to make UF #1! (Of course, the Gators have been so-so in the computer stats so the Colley Matrix may not bail y’all out.)

Edited by spenser1058
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

All you’ll have to do is get one of the rating systems to make UF #1! (Of course, the Gators have been so-so in the computer stats so the Colley Matrix may not bail y’all out.)

all teasing aside... I have to say that I've been impressed with the AAC this year.  Cincy, SMU, Memphis, and UCF.  What's interesting is that UCF is the lowest ranked team of that bunch, and they are the one that's made the most noise the past couple of years.  Everybody knows that once QB play improves they'll get better.  It's been an interesting year in the AAC thus far.  Throw Houston into that mix as well.  Forgot about Temple...didn't they have a turnaround year too?  Philly...   Navy and Tulane are doing well too.

• Like 1

The thing is, as crazy as the whole National Championship kerfuffle makes some of the traditionalists, DW made his point.

There’s no way the CFP would have included 4 AAC teams in the CFP. 

One thing’s for sure: the Knights losing to LSU by 8 points doesn’t look so heinous now, does it?

Meanwhile, all those penalties lately by the Knights remind me of the Gators back in the Herschel Walker days. That noise needs to be over quick.

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

The thing is, as crazy as the whole National Championship kerfuffle makes some of the traditionalists, DW made his point.

There’s no way the CFP would have included 4 AAC teams in the CFP. 

One thing’s for sure: the Knights losing to LSU by 8 points doesn’t look so heinous now, does it?

Meanwhile, all those penalties lately by the Knights remind me of the Gators back in the Herschel Walker days. That noise needs to be over quick.

yeah, Coach needs to clear that up quick.  

as for the pollsters, the rankings begin on National Signing Day...they really do... they look to see which teams have all of the 4 and 5 star athletes, they look at the recruiting rankings, they look at returning starters, and they look at the "name", and they go from there.

LSU has always had some of the best talent; they were known for recruiting the hec out of Texas.  UF had a lead on them in Baton Rouge- that will be on my epitaph.

Bama is still very good and dangerous.  UGA is talented.  TOSU looks to be very good.  Clemson is very good.  OU is good but Iowa State should've just kicked the extra point.

UF turned it on against Vandy.  They are prepping for a change of tempo I think for the rest of the season.  I think they think they have to start thinking "outscore" the opponent.  Mizzou is dangerous (to UF) and FSU may be playing with reckless abandon now which makes them more dangerous.

I like UCF's style of play.  They would blend in well I think in the Big 12.  But, with Memphis solidifying as a consistently better program and the advent of SMU, I think the AAC is getting better.

6 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

Is this Gabriel kid really that good?  He flashes, but most of what I've seen he looks fairly pedestrian.

Remember, he's a true freshman (with all the problems that entails). His stats are great when you compare him to others in the same boat. He needs experience and the OL to pick up their game and he should be great.

• Like 1