Orlando's Hometown National Champions

Jernigan

54 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

YUGE AAC game tonight as our Knights take on the Cincy Bearcats at 8pm on ESPN. Charge On!

that was, like, so awesome.  That may have been the first season intro b/c they don't show any of the characters and do that radio tuning knob thingy pre theme.  very cool.

UCF should win.  Cinci is good, though.

Who is the UCF starter?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

that was, like, so awesome.  That may have been the first season intro b/c they don't show any of the characters and do that radio tuning knob thingy pre theme.  very cool.

UCF should win.  Cinci is good, though.

Who is the UCF starter?

DG is expected to start.

You’re right about the title changing during later seasons with very little shown of Cincy. I couldn’t find it to post but one of my favorites shows a Frisch’s Big Boy billboard, which of course was only located in Ohio and... Central Florida! Unlike the othe Big Boys, the one at Frisch’s had very red hair (yes, I have a thing for gingers, but I digress...)

You also may be glad to know that Hugh Wilson. creator of WKRP, was a Gator.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

DG is expected to start.

You’re right about the title changing during later seasons with very little shown of Cincy. I couldn’t find it to post but one of my favorites shows a Frisch’s Big Boy billboard, which of course was only located in Ohio and... Central Florida! Unlike the othe Big Boys, the one at Frisch’s had very red hair (yes, I have a thing for gingers, but I digress...)

You also may be glad to know that Hugh Wilson. creator of WKRP, was a Gator.

I was not aware of that!  interesting.

Cincy...that's right...not Cinci...

Yeah...I recall Loni Anderson's blonde hair in the intro...a whole lot of it...

• Like 1

I saw the last  few minutes.  Saw the replay this am.

Dudes, I think UCF was in a post loss malaise, simply stated- not to take anything away from Luke Fickle’s team.  That was where Heupel’s job and worth really would’ve been needed.  Same thing happened to UF last year after losing the UGA game.

It is what it is. 

Hey all, don't know if you realize, but Pitt is now 4-2 (they were 1-2 going into the UCF game).  UCF's rank is No.34 and Pitt's rank is No.37.  The loss to Cincy dropped them like 12 spots though. 

The reason I bring it up is  for SOS.  It looks like (just like I stated) that Pitt is much better than people realize.  And this is good for UCF b/c their 2 losses are to either ranked teams or at least teams with winning records.  Pitt only need two more wins to get a bowl bid.  So, all is not lost by a long shot for UCF this season.  

34 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

So, all is not lost by a long shot for UCF this season.  

I'm not the biggest college football fan, but I know football.  That game should've been a much bigger beating.  UCF played like idiots.  The neat thing about the college system is that it is not always about the W or the L, but how you win or lose.  They lost way worse than 27-24.  That was a shaming.

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I'm not the biggest college football fan, but I know football.  That game should've been a much bigger beating.  UCF played like idiots.  The neat thing about the college system is that it is not always about the W or the L, but how you win or lose.  They lost way worse than 27-24.  That was a shaming.

well, they need to turn it around, i.e., gameplay, or they'll lose again   That's why I thought it was a result of being down about the Pitt loss.  UCF fans probably won't acknowledge that b/c it negates the argument that was made for Auburn 2 years ago and LSU last year.  So, either the argument for Auburn was true, or, Cincy and Pitt were just better than UCF.  They can't have it both ways, and I think a lot of them realize that now.  

Game prep is huge especially in college football.  UCF was really good at that for a while now except that I think they beat Stanford and thought they didn't need to prepare as hard for Pitt, which bit them in the rear.  And that is potentially starting a domino effect, which is bad.

21 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Just for jrs2: another quality program that took its time building its way:

It makes one understand why USF has yet to win a conference championship which the Head Ball Coach told us is the main goal in college football.

scratch my comment about the Cincy game.  I forgot that UCF played UConn before that.

ECU is on CBSSN.  UCF can still finish strong.  ECU plays Memphis this weekend then plays UCF.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

scratch my comment about the Cincy game.  I forgot that UCF played UConn before that.

ECU is on CBSSN.  UCF can still finish strong.  ECU plays Memphis this weekend then plays UCF.

Best of all, it looks like we may sell out the ECU game. Don’t know what the students will do but the faithful are still ready to Charge On!

I have to go anyway because Cousin Wayne and his wife were chem profs at ECU for decades.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Best of all, it looks like we may sell out the ECU game. Don’t know what the students will do but the faithful are still ready to Charge On!

I have to go anyway because Cousin Wayne and his wife were chem profs at ECU for decades.

that reminds me, I've got a pal who went to ECU as well.

Some of UCF's opponents have been doing well since the UCF game (as of late):

Stanford: Won 2

FAU: Won 3

FAMU: Won 4

I already reported on Pitt's turnaround (4-2 now)

That's good for UCF.

• Like 1

St. Bobby is still amazing at 90, dadgumit! Knights should never forget how close a connection there was between Bobby and his ‘Noles when we were launching what he now acknowledges is one of Florida’s “Big 4”.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-fsu-bobby-bowden-mike-bianchi-1012-20191011-wei3yifarrbbbbpdnqkdhx5oja-story.html

From the Sentinel