Just Wow

spenser1058

1 hour ago, jack said:

It is not comparable at all as aent previously wrote. And comparing the MSM is not comparable as well. The MSM can be sued but plaintiff's usually lose. Alex Jone knowingly spread false information. 

The MSM is mostly just lazy and partisan. 

but then you have the definition of "knowingly spread false information."  I think there's a grey area there.  What is considered "false" to where it is unwarranted to continue digging or making commentary on the subject (this or any other subject)?

Liberals iafter 911 accused W of planning it so that Cheney could get contracts over to Halibertin as a result of military operations overseas. We have the WMD's drama too in spite of the Alphabet's reporting. on same.  

And as far as the public at large is aware, the MSM does not knowingly spread false info. But there was so much BS involving Trump the MSM took a whole lot of liberties with their reporting, and a whole lot of liberties with their non-reporting of things or items of info that negated their prior "false" reporting.  Take the Jan 6 thing.  On one hand the FBI claims plausible deniability regarding the employment, direct or otherwise, of the guy(s) on video that opened the doors to the Capitol.  Yet, at the same time, the Liberals ignore this and keep pushing their insurrection agenda, and they still can't make it stick.  If they could have, Trump would have been impeached a second time.

So bringing it full circle, it looks like the Jones trial was more of a sh!t show than the Johnny Depp Amber Heard trial based on what @aentstated b/c of screw ups by his attorneys, etc.

And lastly with regards to the spreading of "false" information: the school was razed- true, the house of the shooter was razed- true, the guy the local news reported on but the MSM ignored running from the school - true, the one parent chuckling on video and then making himself cry when they went on the air- true.  All these things are true.  The only thing you can't prove is whether or not this was a false flag because that would mean confessions from Alphabet employees, which you won't ever get.  But it doesn't mean it wasn't a false flag in light of those facts I stated earlier.  So now it becomes a taboo subject as a result.  So the definition of "false" should mean " untrue in light of documented facts," as opposed to "the circumstances are there, but it just hasn't been proven ...yet."  

And what about the classic scenario:  "According to so and so, ________."   The MSM does this all the time as their get out of jail free card.  They are partisan,  but I by no means believe they are lazy...willfully blind maybe.

So I wonder what was a documented fact that Jones said or claimed the complete opposite of?  Because that article that was posted above didn't state anything of substance on that issue.  All it did was repeat presumptions again and again which means absolutely nothing.

On 10/14/2022 at 4:00 PM, jrs2 said:

but then you have the definition of "knowingly spread false information."  I think there's a grey area there.  What is considered "false" to where it is unwarranted to continue digging or making commentary on the subject (this or any other subject)?

Liberals iafter 911 accused W of planning it so that Cheney could get contracts over to Halibertin as a result of military operations overseas. We have the WMD's drama too in spite of the Alphabet's reporting. on same.  

And as far as the public at large is aware, the MSM does not knowingly spread false info. But there was so much BS involving Trump the MSM took a whole lot of liberties with their reporting, and a whole lot of liberties with their non-reporting of things or items of info that negated their prior "false" reporting.  Take the Jan 6 thing.  On one hand the FBI claims plausible deniability regarding the employment, direct or otherwise, of the guy(s) on video that opened the doors to the Capitol.  Yet, at the same time, the Liberals ignore this and keep pushing their insurrection agenda, and they still can't make it stick.  If they could have, Trump would have been impeached a second time.

So bringing it full circle, it looks like the Jones trial was more of a sh!t show than the Johnny Depp Amber Heard trial based on what @aentstated b/c of screw ups by his attorneys, etc.

And lastly with regards to the spreading of "false" information: the school was razed- true, the house of the shooter was razed- true, the guy the local news reported on but the MSM ignored running from the school - true, the one parent chuckling on video and then making himself cry when they went on the air- true.  All these things are true.  The only thing you can't prove is whether or not this was a false flag because that would mean confessions from Alphabet employees, which you won't ever get.  But it doesn't mean it wasn't a false flag in light of those facts I stated earlier.  So now it becomes a taboo subject as a result.  So the definition of "false" should mean " untrue in light of documented facts," as opposed to "the circumstances are there, but it just hasn't been proven ...yet."  

And what about the classic scenario:  "According to so and so, ________."   The MSM does this all the time as their get out of jail free card.  They are partisan,  but I by no means believe they are lazy...willfully blind maybe.

So I wonder what was a documented fact that Jones said or claimed the complete opposite of?  Because that article that was posted above didn't state anything of substance on that issue.  All it did was repeat presumptions again and again which means absolutely nothing.

I really like to eere on the side of free speech, and I have no doubt the main stream media is continually dishonest by omission of facts. I don't think thats the same level. Its not perjury, lying under oath, and the other issue with Alex Jones is the length of time he kept going on and on against the parents of those victims. He wouldn't stop for many, many years, with the names of the kids/parents mentioned on air "just asking questions". Its not like he went on this tirade for a few months after the shooting, he did it for many, many, many years.

Here's a short 45 second clip from the testimony of Alex Jones when he was informed about this: 

As another FABULOUS Come Out With Pride weekend downtown comes to a close, let’s remember long ago nights at PH (and of course bartender Vicky!), the Footlights Theater with Miss P and late-night Balcony Bingo!

https://www.google.com/search?q=gloria+youtube&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:b436b6d8,vid:nNEb2k_EmMg,st:0

Edited by spenser1058

On 10/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, aent said:

I really like to eere on the side of free speech, and I have no doubt the main stream media is continually dishonest by omission of facts. I don't think thats the same level. Its not perjury, lying under oath, and the other issue with Alex Jones is the length of time he kept going on and on against the parents of those victims. He wouldn't stop for many, many years, with the names of the kids/parents mentioned on air "just asking questions". Its not like he went on this tirade for a few months after the shooting, he did it for many, many, many years.

Here's a short 45 second clip from the testimony of Alex Jones when he was informed about this: 

wow...didn't know that it was a continual thing against the parents.  I mean if it was me and I truly thought the alphabet was behind it, I would make my case and move on.  harassing the parents won't get you anywhere even if it was staged; they won't squeal; would you? ;  So let's say they did take money and it was staged, then wouldn't it follow that he would get a phone call from 'someone' telling him to zip it or else? Or, b/c he's a "wing-nut" they realize no one will believe him anyway?  very risky, also,  b/c if he was wrong, he's harassing parents that lost their kids tragically.

I still don't buy all this.  the article slamming him was totally full of fluff and emotion.  it was so over the top; is that even necessary when referring to a "fact"?  I mean, it's like contesting someone who doesn't believe the sun exists when, at 12 noon on a clear day, look up, there it is.  What else is there to say?  Here, they kept making conclusory statement after conclusory statement about the shooting as if they were still trying to convince people it was real.  In my experience, when something is in fact real, it speaks for itself and the fluff isn't necessary.  And the more fluff that exists, then red flags should be raised. Simply stated.  And that is a universal truth for anything.

It’s interesting to see the UK Tories are almost as clueless as the GQP. And why does the right constantly pick leaders who believe in nothing but their own ambition (check PM Liz Truss’ background - she’s been ‘round the bend and back politically). Otoh, Herschel Walker makes her seem absolutely competent!

Even King Charles sums the PM up by saying, “Dear, Oh Dear”. 

For those of you who think the moderates are the answer, the Lib Dems certainly would be an improvement. Sadly, they appear to be completely unable to win an election.

Sir Keir seems sane enough but It looks like Labour can’t win with the SNP in the way. 

Oh well, we have to believe “there’ll always be an England!”

Edited by spenser1058

7 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It’s interesting to see the UK Tories are almost as clueless as the GQP. And why does the right constantly pick leaders who believe in nothing but their own ambition (check PM Liz Truss’ background - she’s been ‘round the bend and back politically). Otoh, Herschel Walker makes her seem absolutely competent!

Even King Charles sums the PM up by saying, “Dear, Oh Dear”. 

For those of you who think the moderates are the answer, the Lib Dems certainly would be an improvement. Sadly, they appear to be completely unable to win an election.

Sir Keir seems sane enough but It looks like Labour can’t win with the SNP in the way. 

Oh well, we have to believe “there’ll always be an England!”

Lib Dems can't win elections because everyone knows they're a bunch of nitwits whose sobbing, drama queen nonsense can't be taken seriously.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

OCLS moves to stop charging overdue fines:

https://bungalower.com/2022/10/17/ocls-puts-late-fines-back-on-the-shelf/

From Bungalower 

Just one more reason OCLS is one of the best lending libraries in the country!

I think this is the direction that most libraries are headed in nowadays. Anything to remove disincentives to go to the library and get a book.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

OCLS moves to stop charging overdue fines:

https://bungalower.com/2022/10/17/ocls-puts-late-fines-back-on-the-shelf/

From Bungalower 

Just one more reason OCLS is one of the best lending libraries in the country!

That and the fact that I can go online and have them deliver Peter Falk's autobiography to my house since it's not available as an ebook is pretty fabulous! (we've been watching Columbo lately. Love the 70's fashions and all the guest stars!)

• Like 1

Just now, angela1117 said:

That and the fact that I can go online and have them deliver Peter Falk's autobiography to my house since it's not available as an ebook is pretty fabulous! (we've been watching Columbo lately. Love the 70's fashions and all the guest stars!)

I’ve been bingeing Murder She Wrote since Angela Lansbury passed. It was so much better the first few seasons with Tom Bosley as sheriff instead of that other dude. It was like when Don Knotts left Mayberry to go make The Ghost and Mr Chicken; Bosley went off to do The Father Dowling Mysteries and it just wasn’t the same.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It was like when Don Knotts left Mayberry to go make The Ghost and Mr Chicken; 

:o My brother and I went to see that movie when we were kids. (I'm thinking I was maybe 8 or 9 which would've made him 10 or 11) It was back when mom would drop you off downtown to go to the movies (Trenton, NJ). That movie terrified me! It was the portrait that did it. My husband and I watched it a couple of years ago....not gonna lie...that scared feeling came right back!

Remember....they even tried Bon Ami!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

BBC is reporting Tory PM Liz Truss will resign after 45 days in office after replacing the hapless BoJo. Why are right-leaning parties so incapable of governing? Enquiring minds want to know!

Hard to say. The UK has not had a right leaning party in 20 plus years. Let me know when they come back. 

5 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Ol’ Liz’ economic programme seemed pretty darn Thatcherite. 

Her programs were more Nixonian and that was not a compliment. The term is heard was state capitalism. 

Ultimately, the right leaning party in the UK is very different from us Yanks. Always has been and hopefully always will be. 

Edited by jack

Truss’s announced departure after just 45 days apparently marks the shortest residence ever at 10 Downing Street. She made so many mistakes in so little time that it’s hard to list them all. But the most needlessly self-destructive was trying to impose simplistic right-wing economic policies that work only in theory, never in practice.”*

Jack, the right’s answer to everything for forty years, from Reagan and Thatcher right on through Dubya and Trump, has been tax cuts for the rich. You can try to run away from it as fast as you try to run away from  Rick Scott’s taking the Fifth 75+ times in the biggest Medicare fraud case ever, but they’re both still true.

Laffer Curve economics are still just as much a failure as they were in Ronnie and Maggie’s day and Rick Scott’s moral compass is no less broken than it ever has been.

* Jennifer Rubin, who was a Romney Republican and, unlike spineless folks like Rick and Little Marco, broke with the party over Trump.

Even The Economist, the magazine of conservative thought since the 19th century, was appalled.

48 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Truss’s announced departure after just 45 days apparently marks the shortest residence ever at 10 Downing Street. She made so many mistakes in so little time that it’s hard to list them all. But the most needlessly self-destructive was trying to impose simplistic right-wing economic policies that work only in theory, never in practice.”*

Jack, the right’s answer to everything for forty years, from Reagan and Thatcher right on through Dubya and Trump, has been tax cuts for the rich. You can try to run away from it as fast as you try to run away from  Rick Scott’s taking the Fifth 75+ times in the biggest Medicare fraud case ever, but they’re both still true.

Laffer Curve economics are still just as much a failure as they were in Ronnie and Maggie’s day and Rick Scott’s moral compass is no less broken than it ever has been.

* Jennifer Rubin, who was a Romney Republican and, unlike spineless folks like Rick and Little Marco, broke with the party over Trump.

Even The Economist, the magazine of conservative thought since the 19th century, was appalled.

it's amazing that the Left has recruited the masses to go against the "rich" when in actuality the Left is about the poor and the rich elite with no middle class.  Tell me I'm wrong.   They make everyone renters as a result.  Any comments on this?  Probably not.

What is evident is that high corporate taxes has caused major companies to open up shop in places like Philippines, China, India, etc., and this has been going on for over fifty years.   A Chinese colleague of mine actually told me recently how easy it is to do business in China compared to the US.  It was an amazing conversation.  What a paradox.  He does international corporate law and is a regular in Shanghai. 

The Left has done this on purpose to drive out businesses (and jobs) and then blame the rich for the phenomenon  and the GOP in an effort to build a constituency.

It is hypocritical, and laughable.  And supporters of the Left have (or had) the audacity to complain about a guy that tried to turn this trend around for the betterment of the US.  He was even interviewed about such back in the 1980's when he chimed in about bad US trade deals when asked whether he'd ever run for president since he was so opinionated.  

It is simply pathetic.

Here's a 1988 Oprah show Trump was on.  He said the same things then that he said in 2016 about trade, etc.  I think I'm going to repost this every time I hear the same moronic criticisms of him coming from the Left.  Wake the F*** up, America.  Get your Leftist heads out of your a55e5:

And here is a Larry King episode predating the Oprah episode from 1987.  Trump pretty much says the same stuff.  Even back then, it was easy for those countries to sell to the US and tough for the US to sell to those countries.  And this situation permeated the 1990's and 2000's which caused him to finally say enough is enough.  And, no, he did not want to be president, but he said on Oprah he would only consider it if he felt that nobody was going to do anything about our economic situation.  Meanwhile, during this time period, Biden was in government doing absolutely nothing to help the economy.  And Democrats have the audacity to claim some sort of moral superiority based on the Establishment's hack job on his presidency.  Simply pathetic:

Edited by jrs2