Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, BnaBreaker said:

I kinda wish they would've added a few bells and whistles to that complex upon reconstruction.  I like that it's there, but it's basically just a log cabin that looks like a different log cabin that was there long before... not exactly going to draw the attention of the tourist masses.  

I said it before, I'll say it again: It looks like a log restroom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nashvillwill said:

Soooooo.....is that an apartment building or an NES substation?

Is it just me, or does the whole concept of above ground power-lines just seem almost primitive?  Obviously Nashville is far from being the only city in the world to have this problem, but I still wish the city would begin to address it, slowly but surely.  

• Like 4

A hotel is definitely in the works for 1.17-acre site in the area south of Broadway, which just changed ownership for a record per-square-foot price for property in the Lafayette Street corridor.

Randal Nashville Properties LLC paid $8.17 million, or roughly $160 a square foot, for the site that includes Czann's Brewing Co.'s 3,000-square-foot brewery and taproom at 505 Lea Ave. The deal also included the tract that glass and mirror shop Allnite Glass & Mirror Co. occupies at 500 Lafayette St. plus a vacant office building and parking lot. 

No word yet on what brand of hotel, size, nor renderings. The site is the trapezoid shaped property in the center of this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/07/06/hotel-planned-czanns-brewing-site-nashvilles-sobro-area/453725001/

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 7.02.28 AM.png

• Like 2

On 7/5/2017 at 6:10 PM, BnaBreaker said:

Is it just me, or does the whole concept of above ground power-lines just seem almost primitive?  Obviously Nashville is far from being the only city in the world to have this problem, but I still wish the city would begin to address it, slowly but surely.  

As I mentioned in another thread, as I understand it. power lines are the responsibility of NES, not Metro.

• Like 1

A massive residential project that would boast almost 500 residences is being eyed for a North Davidson County site.

The 169.6-acre property, with an address of 3500 Brick Church Pike, is owned by Martha, Thomas and Beck Cone. 

The prospective developer is Reston, Virginia-based homebuilder NVR Inc., according to Metro Planning Department documents. 

The original planned unit development (PUD), which was approved in 2008, allows for 255 single-family homes, 173 townhomes, 21 cottages and 50 duplexes (553 units collectively). The current PUD proposal is for 315 single-family homes and 173 townhomes (488 units), according to the Metro documents.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20866714/brick-church-pike-site-could-land-488-residences

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 6.30.23 AM.png

• Like 1