Tapestry at The Printing House (Hilton brand), 11 stories, 181 rooms, 3rd South & Peabody

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Looking NE from Rep. John Lewis Way(5th Ave. South) at Lea Ave: 

Printing House Hotel, Dec 31, 2023, 1.jpeg

Looking SW from intersection of 3rd Ave. South and Peabody St:

Printing House Hotel, Dec 31, 2023, 2.jpeg

Not sure if they are related to the same folks responsible for the Haven projects , but wow how similar in design (cough) they are. I’ve seen prisons that have more curb appeal, but at least this doesn’t look like a rainbow barfed all over it!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the fact that another new building has risen, but I have to say this is very unappealing and stark. If it wasn’t for the windows, prison would be the first thing that I would guess this was. The only thing keeping it a tad better the The Haven is so far it doesn’t look like a paint store barfed all over it.

Edited by Luvemtall

3 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

I like the fact that another new building has risen, but I have to say this is very unappealing and stark. If it wasn’t for the windows, prison would be the first thing that I would guess this was. The only thing keeping it a tad better the The Haven is so far it doesn’t look like a paint store barfed all over it.

Yeah, was trying to be positive with my comments on this one.  I've stated before that it is NOT a treat to my eyes...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Personally I think this one is fine.  I agree, there is nothing inspiring about it, and there are a gazillion buildings like it in the world, but not every building has to be a masterpiece.  As long as a building is fits into the neighborhood, adequately fulfills it's function, and isn't an overtly and objectively gaudy mess like Haven, I have no problem with it. 

• Like 3