Peace - Kane's Second Downtown Project (FKA Smokey Hollow)

orulz

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, KJHburg said:

Proposed park across from Smoky Hollow.  Deveureux Meadows

Deveureux Meadow Park Virtual Open House Presentation (usgovcloudapi.net)

My pick would be concept 2, although 3 is a close second.  Regardless of which one they pick though, this will be an excellent addition to the Raleigh parks system, and I think will serve the nearby residents well.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

such a great project and hope to see a much taller gateway building here.  

and my vehicle survived going under the " Can Opener" bridge on Peace.  

IMG_9368.JPG

IMG_9474.JPG

IMG_9475.JPG

This really is a beautiful development. From Capital Blvd and at street level. Definitely a plus for downtown. And I agree, a 40 story tower will really make that view pop.

I had a chance to cross the barriers and walk around the development, and the retail space is something special. I like the urban, brick and steel concept that Kane has designed. Can't wait to see what retailers will occupy the spaces.

Edited by RALNATIVE
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

speaking of new tenants

""An architecture and engineering firm in Raleigh has leased a 25,000-square-foot space at an office building in the Smoky Hollow development in Glenwood South.  Clark Nexsen is set to move to the mixed-use office building at 421 N. Harrington St. by May 2022, said Dennis Stallings, principal and design director. The Virginia-based company plans to relocate its local office after nearly 20 years at Capital Bank Plaza about a mile away on Fayetteville Street.""

from the Triangle Biz Journal

Clark Nexsen Raleigh office moves to Smoky Hollow development - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 10:14 PM, KJHburg said:

speaking of new tenants

""An architecture and engineering firm in Raleigh has leased a 25,000-square-foot space at an office building in the Smoky Hollow development in Glenwood South.  Clark Nexsen is set to move to the mixed-use office building at 421 N. Harrington St. by May 2022, said Dennis Stallings, principal and design director. The Virginia-based company plans to relocate its local office after nearly 20 years at Capital Bank Plaza about a mile away on Fayetteville Street.""

from the Triangle Biz Journal

Clark Nexsen Raleigh office moves to Smoky Hollow development - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

I am anxiously awaiting the revelation of the businesses that will occupy the retail space. They can either go cool and trendy and become a true destination for downtown and Glenwood South with places like Chipotle and Starbucks, or they can go dull and boring and become another simple shopping area with a bunch of businesses like arts & craft type places or wedding dress shops that do not fit the changing demographics of the area and the city as a whole. I'm hoping that Kane, as the visionary he is, will push for the former.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RALNATIVE said:

I am anxiously awaiting the revelation of the businesses that will occupy the retail space. They can either go cool and trendy and become a true destination for downtown and Glenwood South with places like Chipotle and Starbucks, or they can go dull and boring and become another simple shopping area with a bunch of businesses like arts & craft type places or wedding dress shops that do not fit the changing demographics of the area and the city as a whole. I'm hoping that Kane, as the visionary he is, will push for the former.

one tenant is Charlotte based Midwood Smokehouse a great barbecue place with lots of acclaim.  Presidents have stopped there. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I am happy to see this activity in Raleigh. Just like parts of uptown Charlotte, there needs to be more people living in Raleigh's urban core, and more things to make people want to live there. Organic growth that keeps feeding. As more people move into the city, more retail/restaurants open, causing more people to want to move to the city. SouthEnd Charlotte is seeing this now, with well over 20 towers of 15 stories or more in planning, and a bunch of 8 story Texas donuts springing up. 

• Like 3

On 12/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, carolina1792 said:

Smoky Hollow III will be a 32-story residential tower and a 20 story mix-use office tower, claims one source close to the project on DTRaleigh. 

Nice, solid intel. I hope they release an official announcement on that sometime soon with renderings...been anxiously awaiting news on Ph. III

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, JeffC said:

Has any retail other than the Publix actually opened its doors anywhere in Smoky Hollow?  Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed with the street level retail everywhere North of Morgan Street...empty spaces everywhere...

Some of it is now leased just not opened yet.  Charlotte's Midwood Smokehouse which I can personally vouch for is one of the tenants and it is great.  They have a few more tenants lined up too. 

here is the leasing plan

Retail - Smoky Hollow (smokyhollowraleigh.com)

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...