Greenville County Square redevelopment

GreenvilleSucks

6 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Do we know what these are?

Nothing changed from the original submission to the PC, this is just the 'community meeting' that the city requires of applicants for zoning changes, etc.  Would be a greaqt time to express support or opposition/modifications.  Rocopoint is asking for its own set of rules for approval of building designs , from what I have been told.  I am not crazy about that idea.   

9 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Nothing changed from the original submission to the PC, this is just the 'community meeting' that the city requires of applicants for zoning changes, etc.  Would be a greaqt time to express support or opposition/modifications.  Rocopoint is asking for its own set of rules for approval of building designs , from what I have been told.  I am not crazy about that idea.   

This project is huge and also complicated. It will probably take many twists & turns...add some ups & downs as well. We'll scratch our heads and throw up arms in bewilderment & disbelief...but will attempt to be patient for the long haul.  Keep the seat belts fastened for an interesting ride.  :D

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cabelagent said:

This project is huge and also complicated. It will probably take many twists & turns...add some ups & downs as well. We'll scratch our heads and throw up arms in bewilderment & disbelief...but will attempt to be patient for the long haul.  Keep the seat belts fastened for an interesting ride.  :D

Or..........we could just be left sitting in the driveway. :cry:

Edited by apaladin
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing the information! I wish the DRB would take control of this area. 

The developer has agreed to follows the same guidelines applied to DT.  The purview of that will be city staff but not DRB as it in not zoned C-4. 

So they can build buildings taller than 6 stories or is that just what they would like to do but don't have approval yet? This still seems like it is a long way off before any construction begins. Years?  They don't even know how many floors the County building will be, 4-5-6 stories and that is supposed to be the first building built. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, apaladin said:

So they can build buildings taller than 6 stories or is that just what they would like to do but don't have approval yet? This still seems like it is a long way off before any construction begins. Years?  They don't even know how many floors the County building will be, 4-5-6 stories and that is supposed to be the first building built. 

Don't let this crazy project drive you to be the same.   :w00t:

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Didn’t you hear? The entire project has been cancelled. No highrises for you. :D 

Edited by gman430

8 hours ago, apaladin said:

The  heights described are what they are proposing for the project. The Planning Commission will make a recommendation in September and City Council will vote in October.    If council approves, then basically they are  free to build everything with staff approval only (no DRB,  I am not sure about land subdivision. That may still require Planning Commission approval.  That didn't come up in the meeting. 

The 4-6 stories is based on the change in topography from front to back. The design has not changed. As I stated before, they hope to start construction by the end of the year.  Of course, I wouldn't bet the mortgage it will happen by then, but it shouldn't be too long after that. 

24 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I just don’t understand who is going to fill all of this proposed office space. We can’t even fill the current available office space downtown.  Are they expecting to land Amazon or something? :dontknow: 

Filling Camperdown was no problem. It was nearly fully leased before it got out of the ground. The office space isn't going to be completed until at least 2022.  It will probably be the first new class A space between the opening of Camperdown (which si essentially already taken) and the opening of the new building.  Most of the space available today is the older Class B space.  The only potential problem I see is the competition with Bridgeway Station.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Filling Camperdown was no problem. It was nearly fully leased before it got out of the ground. The office space isn't going to be completed until at least 2022.  It will probably be the first new class A space between the opening of Camperdown (which si essentially already taken) and the opening of the new building.  Most of the space available today is the older Class B space.  The only potential problem I see is the competition with Bridgeway Station.   

Yes, but once Camperdown opens even more office space will become available due to BofA and Elliott Davis relocating. It’s nothing more than musical chairs.  Hopefully RocaPoint can land new tenants downtown especially a large corporate headquarters and not just relocated ones. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Yes, but once Camperdown opens even more office space will become available due to BofA and Elliott Davis relocating. It’s nothing more than musical chairs.  Hopefully RocaPoint can land new tenants downtown especially a large corporate headquarters and not just relocated ones. 

Not to mention that the old BB&T building has space that is apparently coming back to life as office in stead of the proposed apartments, right?