More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

This version of Sméagol is a realist. I like the sentiment you are stating, but this crap will not be over for  long while and we do not know what kind of fall out we are going to be looking at long term from this mess.

Yes, a lot of companies are bullish on Nashville and that is a great thing, but you can't just keep telling everyone nothing is wrong when the country is in a mess.

As for these list I have always found them to be very subjective and have seen so  many of them that I just laugh. The best city for desserts, for walking, for biking, the top bathrooms, the top ten cities to visit before they are gone, the best neighborhoods, the fastest growing, the slowest growing, the richest, the poorest, the most educated, and the list can go on and on.

It is either a blessing or a curse to be on one of these list. I feel like I am starting a Jim Gaffigan monolog here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

This version of Sméagol is a realist. I like the sentiment you are stating, but this crap will not be over for  long while and we do not know what kind of fall out we are going to be looking at long term from this mess.

Yes, a lot of companies are bullish on Nashville and that is a great thing, but you can't just keep telling everyone nothing is wrong when the country is in a mess.

As for these list I have always found them to be very subjective and have seen so  many of them that I just laugh. The best city for desserts, for walking, for biking, the top bathrooms, the top ten cities to visit before they are gone, the best neighborhoods, the fastest growing, the slowest growing, the richest, the poorest, the most educated, and the list can go on and on.

It is either a blessing or a curse to be on one of these list. I feel like I am starting a Jim Gaffigan monolog here.

Everything you write here is true Smeagols, but there's a significant difference between getting on some random internet site's hastily scraped together click-bait list for the best city for desserts, and Nashville getting a shout out from a revered publication like Conde Nast in a big category on a very short list. 

You're right of course that it's still very subjective and relatively meaningless outside of the publicity, but that's not to say that there isn't a lot of very legitimate value for Nashville from just the publicity itself. We live in a world where entire political careers can be built on tabloids and reality television notoriety, so the publicity even just for publicity's sake is nothing to scoff at - for better and for worse. 

• Like 4

The Presidential Debate scheduled for Belmont University next Thursday, Oct. 22nd from 8:00 to 9:30 PM,  will host 48 different television broadcasters. The broadcast will be aired in 40 countries. 200 person Media Tent will be recycled at least a dozen times per hour.  An undisclosed amount of media representatives will descend on the city.  For the 2008 debate there were 2,500. 

More details at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2020/10/16/stage-set-final-trump-biden-showdown-nashville/3680723001/

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 6.18.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 6.18.53 AM.png

• Like 2

Tennessee is ranked #8 for economic growth outlook and #9 for economic performance out of all 50 states according to ALEC-Laffer's annual State Economic Competitiveness Rankings.

More behind the NashvillePost paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/music-business/article/21144029/of-note-21-october-2020

• Like 3

Greater Nashville ranks 3rd in U.S. for fastest-selling homes according to RE/Max National Housing Report. The average home in sells in the area in 21 days.

More  at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/10/21/cincinnati-among-fastest-selling-home-markets.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

• Like 3

From NBJ:  Online residential real estate brokerage Redfin reports that a record number of its users looked to move to a different metro area during the third quarter. Nashville ranked as the 7th most popular potential destination, based on net inflow (the number of people looking to move to the area minus the number of people looking to leave).

• Like 1

CBRE's latest Tech-30 Report ranks Nashville as one of the fastest-growing tech markets in the U.S., with an 11.2% increase in tech job base in 2018-2019. “Nashville continues to gain momentum as being a fast growing tech market with 9.2 percent of office rent growth in the past two years. Tech office demand has also remained strong due to the city’s large tech talent pool and more companies setting down roots in the market. We expect to Nashville to continue to grow in the office-tech space in the future."

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/11/02/tech-bytes-brentwood-tech-firm-buys-chicago-firm.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=3#cxrecs_s

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...