Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

On 6/5/2019 at 10:06 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.png.40bd4644d3fda577841a35cf9a0a4f17.png

I really like the bottom 7/8 or so of the building, and I think the brick will be an excellent contrast to the rest of uptown. Not as wild about the top part, where the glass slants in at an angle, and the roof drops down in the middle. Just looks really bizarre, like a different architecture firm designed the top part without knowing what the rest would look like.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

I heard BB&T is going to build a tower so ugly we'll be wondering how we ever shat on LU1 so hard.  Supposedly, Kelly  King is enamored with the beloved grayish-black glass cardboard box design.  And, at  1,080 feet - in honor of BB&T's leadership's obsession with Atlas Shrugged and objectivism - Charlotte will be stuck with an ugly new tallest that dominates the skyline till global warming makes The Southeast mostly uninhabitable.

And only slightly non blue font in my response... when the ice caps are melted everyone from Florida will have to move to Charlotte. Charlotte will be the new Tampa. 

1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

And only slightly non blue font in my response... when the ice caps are melted everyone from Florida will have to move to Charlotte. Charlotte will be the new Tampa. 

Or the new New York when Wall Street is under water and Charlotte is the center of the financial universe... 2100?

• Haha 1

Charlotte's elevation is too high, so the entire metro area will stay high and dry even if all the ice melts. Raleigh will be half underwater and the remainder will be a beach town.

We're at *least* a decade or so from anything like this actually happening though.
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, orulz said:

Charlotte's elevation is too high, so the entire metro area will stay high and dry even if all the ice melts. Raleigh will be half underwater and the remainder will be a beach town.

We're at *least* a decade or so from anything like this actually happening though.

Given its elevation, I guess Chapel Hill will be an Island.  UNC will be more popular than ever.

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s a great affirmation of Charlotte’s rising clout!  I think that Charlotte is also gaining momentum and will edge out Atlanta for future corporate relocations since no one wants to deal with the traffic there.  (We didn’t.) 

Ours will be just as bad eventually.