Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

Now there are a lot of Venezuelans traveling to Charlotte, but they are connecting there via Panama, Aruba or Curacao.

It happens recently because our government just give to us 700$ (not free, we have to pay for) if we travel to Florida, so now people are going to Charlotte, Atlanta and NY because we could get 2500 there$ (again, not free).

I bet sooner than later ill see direct flights ccs-clt.

By the way, Im moving to London, everyone knows how much it is to travel charlotte-london??  ... I will be looking forward to visit my cousins there in Charlotte later this year.

Now there are a lot of Venezuelans traveling to Charlotte, but they are connecting there via Panama, Aruba or Curacao.

It happens recently because our government just give to us 700$ (not free, we have to pay for) if we travel to Florida, so now people are going to Charlotte, Atlanta and NY because we could get 2500 there$ (again, not free).

I bet sooner than later ill see direct flights ccs-clt.

By the way, Im moving to London, everyone knows how much it is to travel charlotte-london??  ... I will be looking forward to visit my cousins there in Charlotte later this year.

Anywhere in the range of $1,200 to around $1,800, depending on when you travel.

American took delivery of its first 787 on Friday.  According to this article:

“American said its first 787 will enter revenue service in the second quarter, flying domestically between American’s hubs for several weeks before being launched on international flights.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2015/01/25/take-a-look-at-american-airlines-new-boeing-787-dreamliner-2/

Do any of our "insiders"  know if the 787 will make a visit to CLT?

So, there are lots of planes painted in the new American color scheme at concourses B and C and I even flew on a CR900 last week in American paint job, that used E32 (that's a hike!!!). 

Are these newly re-pained USAirways planes, or are these legacy Amercian planes now flying US routes? I had US flight numbers but flew a A321 and a CR900, both on planes with the American paint scheme (which I really like as an aside).

So, there are lots of planes painted in the new American color scheme at concourses B and C and I even flew on a CR900 last week in American paint job, that used E32 (that's a hike!!!). 

Are these newly re-pained USAirways planes, or are these legacy Amercian planes now flying US routes? I had US flight numbers but flew a A321 and a CR900, both on planes with the American paint scheme (which I really like as an aside).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but most/all of those are legacy US planes that have been repainted.  They all likely say "operated by US Airways" up near the doors.  I don't believe American is flying any of their planes out of anything but A gates still.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but most/all of those are legacy US planes that have been repainted.  They all likely say "operated by US Airways" up near the doors.  I don't believe American is flying any of their planes out of anything but A gates still.

AA still flies only its flights out of A Concourse.  The US fleet is being painted a faster pace than the AA fleet for obvious reasons. Upon acquiring a single operating certificate later this year, most all airport signage and aircraft will have been switched to the American branding, but with an asterisk that reads "Operated by US Airways".  The airline will move to a single computer reservation system (hopefully) in October 2015.  Operational merger is slated for the second quarter of 2016.  "American" titles and signage have been sitting in a warehouse for over 8 months now (including the huge signs for the two hangars and crew training center).  I'm guessing that they'll be installed during the renovations to A, B, and C concourses this summer.

American took delivery of its first 787 on Friday.  According to this article:

“American said its first 787 will enter revenue service in the second quarter, flying domestically between American’s hubs for several weeks before being launched on international flights.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2015/01/25/take-a-look-at-american-airlines-new-boeing-787-dreamliner-2/

Do any of our "insiders"  know if the 787 will make a visit to CLT?

Not an insider, but I think  I remember reading it will be primarily between Chicago, Dallas, and LAX.   At least to start with. 

^OK, thanks.  

Also, a follow up to my earlier post:

1) Did legacy American West and USAir pilots achieve common type rating to fly the other's A320s due to the different engine types (CFM vs IAE)?

1) US's A330-200's have RR Trent engines and the A330-300's have PW4000's.  Do US's A330 pilots have a Common Type Rating for both variants?

Single operating certificate for AA and US is slated for April 12, 2015.  

^OK, thanks.  

Also, a follow up to my earlier post:

1) Did legacy American West and USAir pilots achieve common type rating to fly the other's A320s due to the different engine types (CFM vs IAE)?

1) US's A330-200's have RR Trent engines and the A330-300's have PW4000's.  Do US's A330 pilots have a Common Type Rating for both variants?

They're trained on everything.  If a pilot flies one 320-family Airbus, they fly them all.  Likewise with the 330 pilots. Boeing 757 and 767 are also the same pilots.

Edited by Miesian Corners

It appears that from the 19th October, 4 daily flights on PHL- LHR on BA and US, are replaced with just 2 flights on US Airways. Also the schedule for CLT-LHR is erractic between October and December, some days the 2nd daily CLT-LHR operates, some days not. At this time, I am not sure whether the second CLT-LHR will remain daily, year-round or become just seasonal.

In October, PHL-DUB is operated on the 757, whilst CLT-DUB is on the A330-200. With Aer Lingus being taken over by IAG (the owner of British Airways, Iberia and Vueling) and probably re-joining oneWorld, we may see CLT-DUB going daily.

Oh, and if you are Cltfc on FlyerTalk, aka Lloyds5, who sends me condescending, harrasing private messages on FlyerTalk, I suggest you do some research on what I am saying before you attack and bully me, as what I am saying is true! =)

Edited by Piedmont767