Va. Beach Towncenter project

vdogg

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely! I do wish these other properties would get in line but in all honesty we will probably not be able to get rid of Vitamin Shoppe for a while with them just building their store. Our primary focus should be on Hannaford/Kroger. I think they have a sense of their own worth and they're holding out for more money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting point. I do wonder what they were thinking when they announced a strip shopping center for Hannaford/Kroger? Maybe it was a ploy. All I know is that Mr. Divaris has been unable to convince them to "join the party" thusfar. Yes, Vitamin Shoppe is here for the moment. They are supposed to be rehabbing and adding on to the Pizza Hut building to accomodate this Shoppe and another tenant. Oh, did you know that the V.S. is paying $45 per sq ft to lease the space!? As a frame of reference, the highest store rents in TC are around $35-40.

Interesting point. I do wonder what they were thinking when they announced a strip shopping center for Hannaford/Kroger? Maybe it was a ploy. All I know is that Mr. Divaris has been unable to convince them to "join the party" thusfar.  Yes, Vitamin Shoppe is here for the moment. They are supposed to be rehabbing and adding on to the Pizza Hut building to accomodate this Shoppe and another tenant. Oh, did you know that the V.S. is paying $45 per sq ft to lease the space!? As a frame of reference, the highest store rents in TC are around $35-40.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Location, location, location. They are probably sitting at the most prime retail location in all of VB. You can't get any better than the intersection of indepence and Va. Beach blvd. It really doesn't surprise me at all that rent is higher there than in the actual TC itself.

Location, location, location. They are probably sitting at the most prime retail location in all of VB. You can't get any better than the intersection of indepence and Va. Beach blvd. It really doesn't surprise me at all that rent is higher there than in the actual TC itself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, the location is fantastic, but this place will still be located in an old Pizza Hut building--no matter how they wrap it! Just think about the $$ rent that a new, high quality building in this location could have commanded! Surely, this is not the best/highest use of the property. Nevertheless, the equally awesome Va. Pilot/Taco Bell property is destined for greatness one day soon, and the rest shall fall like dominoes!

Agreed, the location is fantastic, but this place will still be located in an old Pizza Hut building--no matter how they wrap it!  Just think about the $$ rent that a new, high quality building in this location could have commanded!  Surely, this is not the best/highest use of the property. Nevertheless, the equally awesome Va. Pilot/Taco Bell property is destined for greatness one day soon, and the rest shall fall like dominoes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, it's gonna be one little ole building surrounded by skyscrapers :lol: . I agree that eventually we will see that property taken over by someone more deserving, but it appears that pilot/taco bell will fall way before V.S. does.

I forgot to mention that AH/Divaris plan to expand the Regal Movie Stadium Theaters on both ends of the building (East and West). Additionally, the Bed Bath and Beyond will be razed to make way for a 2000 space parking garage.  Other development/redevelopment projects for that shopping center are also pending.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anyone been to the theater with the new stadium seating? I have to say I was quite excited about the new stadium seating but I was disappointed after seeing a movie recently. The seats are supposed to rock but mine was pretty stiff and sat quite uncomfortably.

Also, Baobabs, know when this expansion might happen? Is Bed, Bath and Beyond going to be in the bottom retail? I always thought that was a neat store. A good one to keep in the area. :)

No height restrictions!! That's some really good news.

I personally thought it would have been stupid for VB to put a height restriction on tower construction for no apparent reason. If the ground is solid enough and the airspace is free and open then there is no reason to hold a developer back. Let them guys build as high as they want, just as long as it's KICK ASS. :D

I heard about this yesterday. They said everyone went over the the mall and the food court was flooded with people.  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm....Pembroke probably called it in :lol: . They have to make business somehow :ph34r: .

I really hate when the news is really stale like it is now. I want more and its killing me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the no height restriction thing is really good news to me. Now i can start making the towers a bit taller in my dreams. :D

Well the no height restriction thing is really good news to me. Now i can start making the towers a bit taller in my dreams.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I can't wait till Norfolk starts building taller and I think Granby Tower will be the start of that. I hope that they add a few more floors on that and at least make it 35 stories, but just like you i'm just dreaming.

Has anyone been to the theater with the new stadium seating? I have to say I was quite excited about the new stadium seating but I was disappointed after seeing a movie recently. The seats are supposed to rock but mine was pretty stiff and sat quite uncomfortably.

Also, Baobabs, know when this expansion might happen? Is Bed, Bath and Beyond going to be in the bottom retail? I always thought that was a neat store. A good one to keep in the area. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been there recently. The seats were ok. I liked the fact that they had tall backs, and the legroom was great! I got the impression that the theater expansion was slated for the near term. Sorry I don't have a date. As for the BB&B store, I like it, as well. Unfortunately, Mr. Divaris did not indicate that they would rebuild in TC. Maybe BB&B has another location picked out already...somewhere nearby? Bottom line is that the 2000 capacity parking structure bodes well for some additional, significant development over there! Exactly what remains a mystery!

With the opening of Ruth's Chris and the recent announcement of signed leases by Johnny Rockets, Atlanta Bread and Vie de France, does anybody out there think we don't have enough dining options at TC?! Good grief! Enough already!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I think we've got this area covered :lol: . I'm just waiting on those other retail announcements.

With the opening of Ruth's Chris and the recent announcement of signed leases by Johnny Rockets, Atlanta Bread and Vie de France, does anybody out there think we don't have enough dining options at TC?! Good grief! Enough already!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool deal. You know when or where these will be? There is some space overe here in this building I think. Or maybe they will locate somewhere else.

DSC02202.jpg

Vie de France? Is that a National franchise? I know Richmond has had one for years in James Center in The Slip. As far as I know, the Richmond operation is upscale take-out lunch for adjacent office workers - not a dinner operation.

Vie de France?  Is that a National franchise?  I know Richmond has had one for years in James Center in The Slip.  As far as I know, the Richmond operation is upscale take-out lunch for adjacent office workers - not a dinner operation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have one in DT Norfolk on in St. Paul's Place.

Cool deal. You know when or where these will be? There is some space overe here in this building I think. Or maybe they will locate somewhere else.

DSC02202.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe Vie de France is tentatively slated to be located on the first floor Cosmopolitan. I don't have any information on the other two locations. Vie de France is a national chain serving coffees, pastries and sandwiches, etc.

Archived