The Hillsborough (Reynolds Tower)

monsoon

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I mentioned earlier, the construction fence went up and now you can see workers going through the building and salvaging the scrap metal and other things that are valuable.

Looks like the windows in the top floor have been taken out and plastic with some vents have replaced it.

I just hope I get to see them knock the building down before we get kicked out by the Campbell Law School.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that some of the top SE corner was chipped away Sunday morning after church. I was going to go home, get my camera and take pictures from Morgan and/or the city's deck, but my wife was under the weather. Now it will probably be gone by the time I can get there.

Not that I'll miss it, but I think it is good to document buildings, etc. (good and bad) to understand the past, present, and future of the city.

I noticed that some of the top SE corner was chipped away Sunday morning after church. I was going to go home, get my camera and take pictures from Morgan and/or the city's deck, but my wife was under the weather. Now it will probably be gone by the time I can get there.

Not that I'll miss it, but I think it is good to document buildings, etc. (good and bad) to understand the past, present, and future of the city.

I didn't want to archive it for preservation purposes. More along the lines of "people of the future, building something like this might seem like a good idea, but don't do it. Trust us on this one. Signed, Early 21st Century Raleigh." It would also be accompanined with split level houses, the old convention center, and other area mistakes.

Hopefully I'll be able to check the Dawson/Hillsborough corner out tonight, en route to The Pit if I can talk my wife into doing dinner there.

It's funny how the parts away from the street went down really fast, but as they get closer to the street edge they have to do it more delicately. They've even put little "shelters" around the red-light cameras and the US 401 sign at Morgan to keep them from being damaged. :lol:

Archived