Woodward Avenue Updates

Allan

Lots of parking garages have big openings without wire mesh. This one must be different for some reason that's escaping my mind at this hour.

Windows in a parking garage is possible. Look at the Fisher Building garage and the First National garage for examples. It does require expensive ventilation equipment, but it looks so much better.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen the only parking garages with large openings, also are ones that the entrance and exit to the next level of the garage is in the middle with the openings having some kind of security barrier at least half way up from the opening. I've never seen a 'tilted' parking garage that has no barriers at the openings. That's an insurance night mare.

• 2 weeks later...

Anncouncement about 1403 was posted on detroityes today:

KDG is happy to announce that construction has begun at 1403 Woodward. New loft and retail project

59894.jpg

Details of lower floors

59908.jpg

Does anyone know where I can get details on this development? I am hoping to find some floorplans, or pricing info. Anything?

Thx...

Can anyone please post a picture, or describe what's around these structures?

Hmmm, something's wierd. The map in the article points to 1413 Woodward, which they're calling the Valpey Building (i.e. building with Pepper's Shoe store) which had been worked on for past few weeks - and only that one, though article mentions 3.

So I assume that they had bought that building a while back. Maybe the article is a bit late.

The only other building mentioned is the 12 story building on Woodward and Congress, which I assume is the Vinton Building, but I don't think that's one of the 3 buildings.

Any idea of who is next in line for the postion of president and CEO of the Greater Downtown Partnership

She's long been replaced since the GDP no longer exist, by Ann Lang who use head the New Center Council

From the article:

She was president and CEO of the Greater Downtown Partnership, a privately funded group that worked with city officials to improve Detroit's tattered downtown, from 2001 until it merged in July with Detroit Downtown Inc., an association of downtown business owners, to form the Downtown Detroit Partnership.

Archived