smeagolsfree

Moderators
  • Last visited

• Days Won

smeagolsfree last won the day on August 14 2021

smeagolsfree had the most liked content!

7 Followers

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

26,776 profile views

smeagolsfree's Achievements

Gigalopolis

Gigalopolis (11/14)

1. I think it is just going to be the apartment office according to the docs I read last week. I almost got excited until I saw it was only one small building.
  2. Rendering released for 304 Jefferson Germantown site eyed for project sells for $2.3M | Development | nashvillepost.com
  3. Well, if that is what they were talking about, they would not expect to find that in DT Nashville given the music scene period.
  4. I would not post the copyrighted Emporis photos. Even though Emporis is no longer around they were bought by CoStar which owns all of those images and rights.
  5. Not diverse in what ways? I have a good idea what they were talking about, but I want to hear it from their POV. My guess is that the DT shopping sort of sucks. No large, big box stores like you would find in a traditional large downtown. Downtown also lacks a diversity of other types of services type stores to fill the needs of the residents downtown. That will have to come sooner or later.
  6. This is an opinion article in the Tennessean and not being a Davidson County resident it is not my place to respond to this fool, but maybe one of you good people should. This guy is so off base and ill-informed it is laughable. I wonder if he has even read the plan. He talks about the busses in Bellevue being empty. Well, if the good folks in Bellevue had higher ridership they would be included in a plan. It also does not help that the TN editorializes his piece further with their cheesy sub headlines. This guy needs to realize that the majority of the traffic coming onto Nashville on the interstate s is from out of County. That is up to the State to fix and not Metro. Electric busses are a huge investment and would add a lot of cost to the plan. A fleet of Electric busses to replace the current fleet would at least 200 million not to mention the infrastructure involved. This is just for starters. I am sure you guys could go in and shred him a new one. He also thinks that the downtown resident are the only ones that will benefit from the transit plan. What planet does this guy live on. I am going to copy and paste the entire letter as it should not be a copyright issue as it is a letter to the editor. Nashville transit: $3.1 billion plan needs tweaks before I vote for it (tennessean.com) Steve Jones Letter to the editor Mayor Freddie O'Connell is attempting to fix a problem that has plagued Nashville for years: traffic and congestion. Adding sidewalks and using technology for upgrading traffic lights is a step in the right direction. Updating and adding buses in theory should help tremendously. Where I am confused is the mayor’s vision centers riding the bus. How is this going to help the car traffic on the side roads and interstates? Will not taking away lanes for dedicated bus routes not add to the problem? The white elephant in the room is the downtown area. All interstates go through downtown. We keep promoting an area that is overbuilt. Oracle is building a 70-acre campus, we are building a multibillion-dollar football stadium and even new shops and housing. You can’t even drive in this area as it is now. Parking is a nightmare and unaffordable. Nashville needs to expand where they build and not have everything downtown. Nashville has and continues to ignore all commonsense approaches to addressing the problem with congestion and traffic. Now we as a city are being asked to spend billions of dollars to force a round peg in a square hole. Many people have suggested smaller buses and I agree. In the Bellevue area the larger buses only have a handful of riders. With the price of fuel continuing to rise this should be addressed. Are the new buses going to be electric and if so has a long term cost analyst been run for maintenance? New mechanics, equipment and buildings for upkeep will be needed. The traffic coming into Nashville on the highways is not being addressed, neighborhoods where you can't drive card down streets because of being overbuilt is being ignored. I just don't see how this will solve the Nashville traffic chaos. I cannot support a $3 billion dollar investment as it is presently written. More time and input needs to be given to make such a lasting decision. I do believe Mayor O'Connell is heading the right direction but we must not be rushed by the upcoming election. Solve all of Nashville residents traffic problems not just downtown residents and employees. Steve Jones, Nashville 37221
  7. So now we are awaiting the start of their other two buildings. For those of you in the know, any idea of when a start date might loom? I think there is only one person on the board that may know the answer and I am unsure if that person will say publicly.
  8. The state is adding the lanes but not you specifically. I have always advocated for taking lanes away and adding some type of commuter system on the existing roads. You have to disincentivize the use of cars into the Metro especially during rush hour and commuter times.
  9. It is still very suburban in nature with all of the parking and not out of the box thinking at all. Very short-sighted IMO.
  10. It is a matter of a cheaper alternative to mass transit into the city center. What better way than to take lanes away from drivers than to convert those lanes to transit. We have been round and round with this Craig and more lanes is not the way to go. Less car lanes are the way to go. The more lanes you build the more traffic you create. If you build it, they will come and fill the lanes. You can only funnel so much crap into a bottle neck and that is exactly what we are doing. Very little commuting done as most of the driver are single vehicle drivers coming in from the outlying areas with no incentive to change. I say turn two of four lanes into toll lanes and see how they like it not to mention the new one they are building. There has to be consequences for their habits of clogging the interstates. You will say oh you are an out of county driver? Yep, but I can come into town on the back roads, and I only live one mile outside of Davidson. In 100 years if we are still here, cars will no longer be around. There will be personal flying modes of transit if we make it that far.
  11. Interesting read. Oracle Has More Employees In California Than HQ Texas, Documents Show Ahead Of Nashville Move: Report - Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) - Benzinga
  12. They are almost required to go underground with parking depending on how metro deals bonus height on this project if they need it. More than likely they could go underground with all of it. Like Modera Mcgavock, come on now! Nice looking building. They do high-rises along with midrise buildings.

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.