Norfolk Pictures

willy

These are the pictures I took while I was home visiting family last Sunday. This is the first of four picture posts.

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

This section of Trader Square is pretty much as it will look when the building is completed.

IMG_1056.jpg

Harbor Heights construction:

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

388 Boush St:

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

The pagoda is one of my favorite strustures downtown but for some reason, despite how beautiful and unique it is, it's rarely shown in photographs of the city.

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

Edited by gosscj

Part three of four:

The sun came out just briefly enough for me to take this shot and it made a huge difference. I've always thought that Norfolk looks its best in direct sunlight. :)

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

The rest of these pictures were taken in downtown Portsmouth.

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

The old YMCA:

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

My great-grandfather owned a drug store in this building on the corner of London and Dinwiddies Streets many years ago.

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

And his brother ran a barber shop in the small part sticking out on the right side of this building.

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

For our photographers, if you don't already have one, I strongly suggest getting a flikr account ( www.flikr.com). I just joined up myself. Once there you can request join the urbanplanet.org flikr group. You can submit photos to the group pool and they will appear in the section of photos that cycles through on urbanplanets introductory page.

For our photographers, if you don't already have one, I strongly suggest getting a flikr account ( www.flikr.com). I just joined up myself. Once there you can request join the urbanplanet.org flikr group. You can submit photos to the group pool and they will appear in the section of photos that cycles through on urbanplanets introductory page.

I had been thinking about joining for a long time but just never did