Uptown Charlotte Project Rundown

dubone

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I took dubone's map and put it into a Google Maps API. This is the first time this has been done for projects in any city that I'm aware of and I plan to incorporate this for other cities in the next version of UrbanPlanet. Please take a look and let me know what you think. The color key is below:

Parks

Under or Near Construction

Near or Complete Construction

Proposed

Owners With Plans

http://www.urbanplanet.org/interactive/charlotte.php

Awesome job Neo ! :thumbsup: There are freggin colored dots everywhere ! You don't realize how much Charlotte is growing until you start to "plot the developmet".

You definately had your work cut out for you, but this is very nice since it is all interactive. Is there a way to put a gif.or jpg. in the tab when you click on it, or would that just be asking too much? :blush:

A2

Yep!  I put this project in beta just so I could have an excuse for not having something included, LOL!  The final product would have a little write-up and a thumbnail of the project's rendering along with a link to the discussion of the project on the forums here (given that there is discussion going on for that project in particular).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gosh, I take a nap on Friday afternoon and look at what you come up with in just a few hours after we discussed this. I'm impressed. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I took dubone's map and put it into a Google Maps API. This is the first time this has been done for projects in any city that I'm aware of and I plan to incorporate this for other cities in the next version of UrbanPlanet. Please take a look and let me know what you think. The color key is below:

Parks

Under or Near Construction

Near or Complete Construction

Proposed

Owners With Plans

http://www.urbanplanet.org/interactive/charlotte.php

This is amazing!!!

we need some new pictures of the new construction. I might go downtown this weekend and take some myself

welcome. that would great if you could take some photos.

neo and i separately took some construction photos from a week ago that you may find some of the threads.

Seems like we're missing some projects outside the loop that are urbanish. These places add the density and urban fabric. Might be hard to get excited about them when we're focused on the high rises. I think it would be great to see some developments like The Rutzler and the new condos and apts on Scott/Kenilworth near to Latta Pavillion as examples.

can't wait til the stones concert, I am looking forward to watching all the people file in for the stones concert, from the webcam, its gonna be fun, people watching from the sky, does that make me a stalker?

lol. yes.

why don't you come downtown and peoplewatch in person?

Quick Question, so should we put 615 East Morehead in the file that is called the park, or is there actually hope in this project, speaking that there is a sign up still, I mean the people of 615E seem to Update their website less often than the Park. So what does everyone thing, stop or go?

I posted this news in another topic and realized it may be better here.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...pic=15068&st=45

no, i like where you put it... sometimes UP folks flock to the pinned general topics... and other times the actual topic on the subject. usually i try to distribute the posts to the specific threads, but that gets tricky sometimes. :)

Absolutely not......well to clarify....the one's in N.O. and Tampa are two different products. The one in N.O. is a Trump International Hotel & Tower, whereas the one in Tampa is just a Trump Tower.

The one in N.O. is marketed to international buyers and people who really don't need to work for a living. They are full service condo/hotels, and operate similar to a timeshare, but with deeded ownership......we will likely NEVER get one of these, seeing as Charlotte has little appeal as a tourist destination, especially among the international jet-setting crowd.

The one is Tampa is a "franchise" tower, where his name is slapped on it to command a 50% mark-up.....which begs the question, do we even want one? Charlotte might get one of these at some point, but I would think that there would be lots of other cities he would rather get his brand name in before here......but if the price is right....

Archived