Uptown Charlotte Project Rundown

dubone

I did a shotty photoshop job and extended the picture, apparently downtown charlotte has a random natural forest haha, but whatever, ummm I added ritz carlton, 12 (atlantic station design plus like 10 stories) changed the placement of the vue, and made the Wach Hq further south, and yea, hopefully this looks better

I did a shotty photoshop job and extended the picture, apparently downtown charlotte has a random natural forest haha, but whatever, ummm I added ritz carlton, 12 (atlantic station design plus like 10 stories) changed the placement of the vue, and made the Wach Hq further south, and yea, hopefully this looks better

post-1742-1142470089_thumb.jpg

where would berkman be in this picture, and also, courtside is the biggest pain in the ass ever, EVER!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you go to the webcam pic of 210 trade on October 5th it shows a rendering from the back of the project, thats what I used as a reference, if that picture is correct then my drawing is correct.

and I thought about it and looked at a the map of downtown that dubone made, and yea with linear perspective and everything, the vue pops out a little between hearst and bank of america corp, so it is still visible, horray :-D

Oh yeah, I forgot about that little section with the pool.

Looks good. I love the little Trademark peeking out :).

Nascar and Ritz still need to go left though. The left of Ritz probably should align with the Independence Center, or pretty close. The width looks good, though.

where would berkman be in this picture, and also, courtside is the biggest pain in the ass ever, EVER!

Great job RDF21 ! :thumbsup:

That is perfect placement for the Wachovia tower. The skyline is really expanding and seeing your photoshop really puts things into perspective. The best part about it is that there are still many other buildings u/c behind even this shot. Not to mention the mid rises which can't even be seen beneath these majestic towers.

A2

BTW, I don't see The Park rising out of that picture. :lol:

just like the buildings themselves my picture is under construction, I had done something similar to this before but my computer decided to erase it. But yea Berkman, Park, and Courtside are still coming, and I'll get nascar and ritz moved over, do ya'll think that nascar should be bigger?

COURTSIDE IS HELL TO RENDER!!!!!!!!!

Courtside is finished, I'll see if I can take a new pic for you from the Presby Deck this weekend. Spend your time on the other buildings :).

just like the buildings themselves my picture is under construction, I had done something similar to this before but my computer decided to erase it. But yea Berkman, Park, and Courtside are still coming, and I'll get nascar and ritz moved over, do ya'll think that nascar should be bigger?

COURTSIDE IS HELL TO RENDER!!!!!!!!!

thanx very much dub

strangly enough you guys, this is the height I would prefer Wachovia Hq to be I honestly don't want it to be taller than Bank of America Corp, I mean I would have 0 complaints if it was taller, if it was the 73 stories that I keep hearing about outside of this site and on this site.

But if you look at it as it is in my pic, any taller and it would really throw off the balance of the skyline. Its what, two blocks from the westin or something, and the westin is right on 277, so there is only 2 blocks breathing room for downtown from 277, and you'd haveta build like two or three 28-40 story buildings to balance out the Skyline, if it was taller than bank of america.

Edit: In this picture the building is around 52-55 stories, I belive the building is gonna be a tall 52 so thats how I put it.

This is just a rough rendition of what uptown will look with the renderings placed in. Made the Park look a little big. Any suggestions/ missing projects?

Put in: Courtside, Trademark, Ritz Carlton, Berkman, Twelve, Epicentre, Vue, Citadin, Wachovia, and the Park. Didn't put Avenue b/c you wouldn't see it.

This is just a rough rendition of what uptown will look with the renderings placed in. Made the Park look a little big. Any suggestions/ missing projects?

Put in: Courtside, Trademark, Ritz Carlton, Berkman, Twelve, Epicentre, Vue, Citadin, Wachovia, and the Park. Didn't put Avenue b/c you wouldn't see it.

How about the NASCAR HOF?

thanx very much dub

strangly enough you guys, this is the height I would prefer Wachovia Hq to be I honestly don't want it to be taller than Bank of America Corp, I mean I would have 0 complaints if it was taller, if it was the 73 stories that I keep hearing about outside of this site and on this site.

But if you look at it as it is in my pic, any taller and it would really throw off the balance of the skyline. Its what, two blocks from the westin or something, and the westin is right on 277, so there is only 2 blocks breathing room for downtown from 277, and you'd haveta build like two or three 28-40 story buildings to balance out the Skyline, if it was taller than bank of america.

Edit: In this picture the building is around 52-55 stories, I belive the building is gonna be a tall 52 so thats how I put it.

Hopefully light rail will spur more high rise development in South End, and that will extend the skyline. As much as I like how BofA is centered in the skyline, I wouldn't mind a taller building over there. Everyone always complains (and at the same time, complements) how neat and orderly Charlotte is. I think it will make the skyline look more "organic" if taller buildings moved away from the center.

I love the idea of tall buildings, each at a significant location in the CBD, one at First and Tryon and the other at Trade and Tryon. There wasn't any tall buildings north of Bank of America Corporate Center when it was build and in the succeeding decade, it has filled in a bit, or created a gradual drop. It would be great to have a Wachovia HQ almost, equal, or taller than than BofA. Then in the upcoming years, Tryon could fill with some midrise and smaller highrises between Stonewall and Carson, where there are sights that seem suitable for highrises.

Meanwhile, our skyline can continue to fill with midrises and smaller highrises outside of the Tryon axis.

Anyone know when the Ritz, Vue, and Royal Court are slated to start construction? Man thats gonna be a lot of cranes in uptown :thumbsup:

And whatever happened to the "smith curry" condos?

The Ritz should start sometime this year (I think the spring), The Vue should also start sometime this year (I think spring as well), and I think Royal Court starts in May... anyone feel free to correct me.

I think Ritz is set for April, and Royal Court May. The Vue won't likely start this Spring, I have heard estimates that it would likely not start until late this year. I'm not sure about "Smith Curry" I wonder if the the Nascar Hall of Fame has pushed that back to be a hotel expansion as originally planned when those elevator shafts were built.

dubone one of the best photo of up town Charlotte I have seen. Good job.

Thank you. :)

hear ya'll go updated with dubones pic, I am getting the park looking right, but yea, been in atlanta and florida so i finally go this stuff working, I don't think the twelve will look like atlantic station, just as dub said, because yea it seems like dougie is using more and more filler these days, especially since he compared the Nascar tower to IJL, so I'm thinking it'll look more like centenial park especially since going to atlanta today

post-1742-1143019403_thumb.jpg

post-1742-1143019403_thumb.jpg

Archived