Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

26 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

It seems in a tweet President Trump referred to Charles as the “Prince of Whales”. 

This might open up all kinds of opportunities for Sea World to encourage more British visitors!

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-wales-48622001

From the BBC

ROTFL!

Does the Prince of Whales preside over dolphins too?  Awesome.  It's so Monty Python it's sick those pictures are!

9 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

A gamer-themed park coming to China (about the size of a Six Flags in the U.S.) Who will be first with the Orlando version?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2019/06/12/china-developers-building-six-flags-sized-gamer-theme-park/amp/

From Forbes 

I'm surprised Japan doesn't have this...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

10-hour wait for Hagrid. It appears Disney wins on crowd control...

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/06/13/hours-long-wait-for-harry-potter-coaster-at-universal-in-orlando.html

From CNBC

...but I think the reason was b/c of the flaw they discovered on the track (or something like that) that caused them to have to run less cars simultaneously (which increased wait times).  Really, 10 hrs?  Wow.   And I'm assuming CNBC is also a Comcast property as well so they aren't being slanted about it...

OMG.  It cost $300M

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 5:48 PM, jrs2 said:

20190608_162227.jpg

20190608_145645.jpg

I'm surprised there are only 2 likes about this project.  The reason I say is because the developer of this project if I recall is also going to be the developer of the very large upscale hotel property that is going on Westwood adjacent to the smaller (400-600 rm?) upscale Hilton brand (Solis?) u/c as we speak, which is near the access road bridge to OCCC West.  Once they're done with this JW Marriott, then they can focus on that project, which should give good "roomage" to the OCCC (1,200?).   Maybe not directly across the street, but pretty close via that bridge.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Video tour of UO’s Surfside Inn and Suites on the old site of Wet & Wild:

https://www.slashfilm.com/video-tour-universal-orlandos-new-game-changing-73-night-hotel/

From /Film

it's nice.  pool deck looks a little conservative/ modest; not as comprehensive as Cabana Bay.  Grand Opening is on the 27th, but I wonder if you can go there between now and then and check it out.  Great option; makes Universal even more of a player.  Add to that the $300M Hagrid ride...wow...they could've built three $100M nice resorts for that money.  That's crazy money not even for an entire "land."  Shoot, the redo of Diz Springs sans Pineapple Garage was like $220M I think...  This hotel didn't cost $100M.  But, this hotel, because of it's location, probably should've been an Aventura multi-tower looking property to take advantage of the water views...but anyway...

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1

Uni is getting slayed today on theme park social media for the poor handling of Hagrid. 

Some are calling it a cruel PR stunt; to me, it’s just like Jaws and Volcano Bay - they’ve rarely handled openings as well as Disney or guest service, either.

That’s why there’s still such a gap between #1 and #2, Harry Potter or not. Not to mention when your target market is teenagers, being treated poorly is just another excuse for being so angsty...

39 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Uni is getting slayed today on theme park social media for the poor handling of Hagrid. 

Some are calling it a cruel PR stunt; to me, it’s just like Jaws and Volcano Bay - they’ve rarely handled openings as well as Disney or guest service, either.

That’s why there’s still such a gap between #1 and #2, Harry Potter or not. Not to mention when your target market is teenagers, being treated poorly is just another excuse for being so angsty...

who's slaying them on social media, Trump? Did they make him wait a long time to get on the ride?  Is this His revenge against fake news NBC?  LOL.  "Alert! Alert! He's tweeting again."  "Danger, Will Robinson!"  "Come and see the violence inherent in the system!  Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

LOL.  OMG, I've lost it...

And then He's coming here Tuesday and they are blocking off 4-5 blocks from Amway Center...  it's gonna be like the seen in The Blues Brothers when all of those soldiers start repelling off of City Hall and start landing helicopters in front of The Picasso...a real cluster f$#@.  Anyhoo...

• Haha 1

We often forget that our world-class theme parks aren’t the only part the tourism plays in our local economy.

We also export our expertise around the world. Today, it was announced that Orlando-based Dynamic Attractions will be building nine rides for Chinese theme parks:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-cfb-dynamic-attractions-china-20190617-l45j3xtptreuhib26rmn6wq6qi-story.html

From the Sentinel 

• Like 1