Charlotte's Urban Lowe's Home Improvement

monsoon

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeeDee has to stay close to her hole on her side of town.....and she can keepo her hole on that side of town for all i care, we dont need her hole spreading sickly things around to toher neighborhoods. (levine has a big hole in uptown charlotte.....a sea of parking lots that will will be devloped after he dies.)

(levine has a big hole in uptown charlotte.....a sea of parking lots that will will be devloped after he dies.)

Expect a clause in his will that requires at least a 20 year moratorium on all Levine property development. A grieving period, so to speak.

It will fill us all with grief.

• 4 weeks later...

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../14/story6.html

I am so happy that Lowe's plans to use the South End store as a national prototype. I hope they can work out a system whereby rooftop parking can be universally affordable for big box stores. I think that having a massive parking lot is very unfriendly to customers. In large metro areas, by using a store like the South End store, not only will they gain respect from many customers, but they will be able to tap into the huge markets inside the cities.

To think of how many Lowe's get built in small towns, how much more will be they be able to make in large cities. The upside is huge. The Charlotte metro area has much to gain from Lowe's corporate financial success, too.

• 6 months later...

Plus the city agreed to the closure of Meacham St through the site. When this thing begins, that section of South Blvd will really look different. Right now you barely even look at the area because it is so full of aged, vacant and ugly industrial and commercial buildings.

Plus the city agreed to the closure of Meacham St through the site. When this thing begins, that section of South Blvd will really look different. Right now you barely even look at the area because it is so full of aged, vacant and ugly industrial and commercial buildings.

As one who lives near there I am happy to see those dumpy old buildings going away. I just wish they'd tear down Mac's Speed Shop with them. I cannot stand the amount of noise that the faux-biker bar creates

As one who lives near there I am happy to see those dumpy old buildings going away. I just wish they'd tear down Mac's Speed Shop with them. I cannot stand the amount of noise that the faux-biker bar creates

:lol:

A2

So you didn't like my Kareoke performance the other night???

LOL, J/K.

Thank god they dont do that huh...

What is great about this project is that Lowe's plans to use it as a prototype for building urban stores throughout the country. That means there will start to be trend of Lowe's with rooftop parking and more pedestrian friendly siteplanning. I'm very excited about that. Hopefully the trend will continue with other big box companies as they seek to tap into the urban markets around the country.

• 2 months later...

Archived