The Vue

cooperdawg

IMG_0084.jpg

I see its on its first step in, so that puts it at floor 37, 14 more occupied floors to go, then 2 more mechanical! This thing is going to be HUGE when its finished!

• 2 weeks later...

That's definitely a nice-looking building and I'm amazed how quickly it's been built.

For the Fourth Ward NIMBYs- I own a place in Fourth Ward and am generally in favor of more buildings, since more people = more stores, restaurants, etc. and hopefully more office space and so hopefully growth uptown will feed on itself, but I think that other Fourth Ward residents wanted to preserve the low-rise, tree-lined streets of Fourth Ward and didn't want a skyscraper in the middle of it. Now, as a property owner, I'd rather have fewer condos coming online since there's definitely a glut, but hopefully in the long run it will work out.

I do not see the point of living in a NYC-style skyscraper in Charlotte- if you're going to live in a box with neighbors and noise above and below why not live in Manhattan- but people from out of town who want to just come to Charlotte on the weekend seems to make sense.

That uptown Harris-Teeter has got to be loving the new building as I read that the store is not yet profitable, and it's rarely jammed full of people. That'll change!

I do not see the point of living in a NYC-style skyscraper in Charlotte- if you're going to live in a box with neighbors and noise above and below why not live in Manhattan- but people from out of town who want to just come to Charlotte on the weekend seems to make sense.

Simple... cost of living in CLT is much less. I have friends that live in high rises in Manhattan and you don't even want to know what they paid for a 1 bedroom condo. Though, I agree a 51-story condo building in a metro like CLT versus a place like NYC doesn't make too much sense. It's a great looking building, but they could've gotten away with having a few 20 some story condo buildings instead to better fit in with the landscape in 4th Ward. I think buildings in the size of Trademark and Avenue are more conducive. Never-the-less I'm looking forward to seeing this building built out... It does look pretty sweet.

Simple... cost of living in CLT is much less. I have friends that live in high rises in Manhattan and you don't even want to know what they paid for a 1 bedroom condo. Though, I agree a 51-story condo building in a metro like CLT versus a place like NYC doesn't make too much sense. It's a great looking building, but they could've gotten away with having a few 20 some story condo buildings instead to better fit in with the landscape in 4th Ward. I think buildings in the size of Trademark and Avenue are more conducive. Never-the-less I'm looking forward to seeing this building built out... It does look pretty sweet.

Good points but if you're going to live in a condo in Charlotte, why not live at 400 N. Church, 715 N. Church, Jefferson Square, etc.- buildings that are pretty house-like? People in NYC (such as me) live in skyscrapers there just because that's the only way to get new construction with amenities.

Definitely is a great-looking building and at least hopefully the critical mass of uptown-dwellers will lead to more commercial activity.

Good points but if you're going to live in a condo in Charlotte, why not live at 400 N. Church, 715 N. Church, Jefferson Square, etc.- buildings that are pretty house-like? People in NYC (such as me) live in skyscrapers there just because that's the only way to get new construction with amenities.

People like the view and people like the status. Why do some soccer moms drive a hummer instead of a minivan? Because they can.

Different strokes for different folks. I like living in an apartment which is several stories off the ground and has nice views. Really don't care about amenities like a pool or gym cause I never use them.

Because I work in both cities, I can choose to live in either NYC or Charlotte....but pick the latter because at $300/sf, my place cost about a third to a quarter of what it would in Manhattan.

Definitely is a great-looking building and at least hopefully the critical mass of uptown-dwellers will lead to more commercial activity.

I don't think any of the buildings you mentioned have anywhere near the amenities that the vue has. Pool, Tennis, gym, 24 hour door man. etc.....

Based on InitialD's pics, I'm counting that they are pouring the supports for the 42nd floor? I'm just basing this on 5 floors prior to the first unit with a balcony...

Based on INitialD's pictures they are actually finishing the 40th floor and pouring the supports for the 41st floor, so 12 more floors (including mechanical to go)

• 3 weeks later...

How much longer until they start constructing the top floors? It seems like the building hasnt moved in a long time.....

The top floor on this shot is taller than the others due to some trusses. I don't know what that means if anything.

original.jpg

How much longer until they start constructing the top floors? It seems like the building hasnt moved in a long time.....

Not sure where you're 'viewing' it from, but from where I sit at The Trademark, they haven't ceased and are working really quickly. Looks to me like they're doing at least a floor a week.