The Vue

cooperdawg

Bankers are rich people.....

True, but it just seems wild since most of your "banker types" tend to flock to Myers Park and Dilworth, and sometimes further out to the burbs. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the migration to uptown. I think that a lot of empty nesters and young professionals are going to be the primary residents of the high rises going downtown. The family unit will be more inclined to pack up the mini-van and head for the burbs versus being in a unit with no yard or place for little Johnny and Jill to go run and play. :)

A2

True, but it just seems wild since most of your "banker types" tend to flock to Myers Park and Dilworth, and sometimes further out to the burbs. Don't get me wrong, I am loving the migration to uptown. I think that a lot of empty nesters and young professionals are going to be the primary residents of the high rises going downtown. The family unit will be more inclined to pack up the mini-van and head for the burbs versus being in a unit with no yard or place for little Johnny and Jill to go run and play. :)

A2

Actually I don't think a 60 story highrise is a place to raise kids. People will be living in tight quarters and those without kids will view these as "other's peoples problems" and don't want to be bothered with them.

They could strip down the area north of town between Tryon and Davidson, and build something like this for all the people who want close in living, but have some kids and want a yard. It would lead to good ridership on the University LRT if and when it is built.

CasitasGeo.jpg

MontondeCasitas.jpg

I've got 2 teenagers. Most kids I encounter, including my own, don't care about yards. They are inside watching TV and playing video games or hanging out at the mall.

It's more about the parents. Maybe they had a yard and they want their kids to experience it. Also, when you have kids, life is much easier and calmer with a house in the burbs. For most people the burbs are less frightening.

Still, there's a small % of folks like me and my wife who would rather be in an urban area because we like the tradeoffs.

I won't be surprised to see families Uptown in high rises, but I'm guessing most will be from away.

I've got 2 teenagers. Most kids I encounter, including my own, don't care about yards. They are inside watching TV and playing video games or hanging out at the mall.

I think for small children, there is a definite need for running around outside. Nothing is better for this than a yard or common grassy area very close by, IMO.

While I love the idea of living intown in a highrise, as a parent I have reservations. My main concern would be areas for the children to let off steam. Now in regards to the Vue, if there is a park within walking distance then one would be able to get around not having a yard. I do agree that children do not play outside as much as they used to.....but with young children, interaction with other young children in a semi-supervised environment builds the ability to problem solve and conflict resolution.

I'm going a little too deep with the children issue though.....if I only had one child, I would consider living in a highrise. :)

CasitasGeo.jpg

MontondeCasitas.jpg

Ewwwwwwww, ewwwwwwwwwwwww and more ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

:sick:

Where are the trees and parks? Can we have a little water feature here or there? I would totally move to Saskatchewan before I lived in an area that remotely resembled those pictures.

Nothing against Saskatchewan.

While I love the idea of living intown in a highrise, as a parent I have reservations. My main concern would be areas for the children to let off steam. Now in regards to the Vue, if there is a park within walking distance then one would be able to get around not having a yard. I do agree that children do not play outside as much as they used to.....but with young children, interaction with other young children in a semi-supervised environment builds the ability to problem solve and conflict resolution.

Fourth Ward park is just across the street.

http://virtualearth.msn.com/default.aspx?c...le=h&lvl=18&v=1

Third Ward Park, which will be bigger than 4th ward park is just two blocks south.

http://virtualearth.msn.com/default.aspx?c...le=h&lvl=17&v=1

As far as the mexico city development... it is a little creepy... but i really like (and wish it was more common here in the US) that they don't have solid driveways. I have always hated that in the US, every driveway of every house was a 20' wide solid concrete. The suburbs would be so much nicer if they had driveways like those shown below.

Just so everyone knows, the 8 story addition to the Vue's height was confirmed by the CBJ today. An 8 story add-on is definately a real possibility due to strong sales, pushing this beautiful building close to 60 floors. Yeah baby ! B)

A2

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...3/tidbits1.html

it would be the second tallest after BofA CC.

see, this is how you sell out a tower... and are able to add floors. the marketing has been superb on the vue. i am sure it has cost them plenty of $, but their return will be huge. other developers should be taking notes... ahem. i haven't seen the model but i am sure it is awe-inspiring.

see, this is how you sell out a tower... and are able to add floors. the marketing has been superb on the vue. i am sure it has cost them plenty of $, but their return will be huge. other developers should be taking notes... ahem. i haven't seen the model but i am sure it is awe-inspiring.

Just got back from lunch. Went by, It is a very Impressive model. It even has lights. I would say it stands ten feet tall if not taller. Very neat. The Avenue sales center has one too, but just not as large in scope.

A2

(They are definately going to add those floors according to the gal I spoke with. She should know)

Edited by A219724

Just got back from lunch. Went by, It is a very Impressive model. It even has lights. I would say it stands ten feet tall if not taller. Very neat. The Avenue sales center has one too, but just not as large in scope.

A2

(They are definately going to add those floors according to the gal I spoke with. She should know)

The email said it was 14ft. Can it be seen from the street? Maybe I'll go by there this weekend. I'm not sure what the office hours are.

The email said it was 14ft. Can it be seen from the street? Maybe I'll go by there this weekend. I'm not sure what the office hours are.

Absolutely TC. It is right by the corner of Trade and Tryon in the window. You will get a kick out of it for sure.

A2

(go by at night when it is lit in the window for the ultimate effect)

Edited by A219724