The Vue

cooperdawg

Last night I did a quick count...while sipping some wine ;-) and came up to around 41 before my eyes blurred over. Don't quote me.

They are pouring 44 and 43 is where the second cut back is - 43rd is also where the 2 other huge balconies are - over 700 square feet each I believe - should give it a really cool look once they get a few more floors up.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah think of all of those surface lots just waiting to be developed in this area... :thumbsup:

They have park and mid-rises written all over them. I'd still like to see a few 20-30 story buildings thrown in on those lots for good measure...

Back on topic, has anyone noticed how high the cranes are now? I thought they were pretty far for a building that only has 4-5 more floors to go.

^ yeah me too and they're clearly planning for that, but at least its not the worst looking deck for that area in the meantime.

In the mean time, it would be an awesome place for a mural a la Fat City Lofts, but I fear that would be too "urban" for uppity 4th Ward to handle.

In the mean time, it would be an awesome place for a mural a la Fat City Lofts, but I fear that would be too "urban" for uppity 4th Ward to handle.

Before you cast any aspersions at us Fourth Wierdos you had better check with the city zoning laws to see what might and might not be allowed. For years the FOFW was trying to get something on the back side of the Days Inn facing Church Street. Painted over plywood is not very nice for us uppity people to look at.

DMann

I guess the whole velvet rope of who can or can't open a business in 4th Ward left a bad taste in the mouth. I used to be a big fan of the Vue because skyscrapers are cool and everything, but I guess I'm starting to agree with whoever earlier called it a "vertical gated community."

Nevertheless, getting back on topic, it is turning out to be a wonderful addition to the skyline. Perhaps a mural would be out of place in the area anyway.

• 3 weeks later...