222 Glenwood

ericurbanite

Also consider that it is very difficult to get a mortgage right now (so I'm told), even with good credit. There may be buyers who want to purchase, but simply can't qualify for a loan or a low enough interest rate to make it worthwhile. This is temporary, and either way, so long as there are people in the building, it's not a problem to me.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The home owners association only allows a certain percentage of rentals. It comes out to about 17 of the 117 units. I don't know how that will be enforced but there are rules (maybe the York properties people will stalk you until you move out). People have been living there since the week of the 11th of August (myself included).

Also consider that it is very difficult to get a mortgage right now (so I'm told), even with good credit. There may be buyers who want to purchase, but simply can't qualify for a loan or a low enough interest rate to make it worthwhile. This is temporary, and either way, so long as there are people in the building, it's not a problem to me.

Its confirmed that the Italian restaurant Gianni & Gaitano's has pulled out of the 222 Glenwood slot. Found this in part of a larger article on the TTC location being shuttered by the mall owners and police, in which they apparently weren't paying their rent to the mall.

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/1208384.html

Its confirmed that the Italian restaurant Gianni & Gaitano's has pulled out of the 222 Glenwood slot. Found this in part of a larger article on the TTC location being shuttered by the mall owners and police, in which they apparently weren't paying their rent to the mall.

http://www.newsobserver.com/business/story/1208384.html

On my way to work this morning a fire sprinkler on one of the third floor balconies facing Glenwood seemed to be malfunctioning (well, it was spewing all over the street without any sign of fire). I really hope the ones inside were not going off as well! I couldn't tell if it was an occupied unit or not - I couldn't see if there was anything on the balcony due to the plume of water.

• 1 month later...

When I left the house this morning, I noticed that all the lights were on in the Dunkin' Donuts and some people were sitting at the tables inside. Although I was going by too fast to get a good look, it appeared as though they were open for business, but I can't rule out the possibility that it was just some workers taking a break.

They have had some issues with their sign.

When I left the house this morning, I noticed that all the lights were on in the Dunkin' Donuts and some people were sitting at the tables inside. Although I was going by too fast to get a good look, it appeared as though they were open for business, but I can't rule out the possibility that it was just some workers taking a break.

They have had some issues with their sign.

Indeed, the apostrophe is now in the right place.

There's a low brick wall in front of Bruegger's and Hairdos. This is because floor level of the retail spaces is a foot or two lower than sidewalk level. That wall really bothered me. But I went by DD today, and... it seems like it's been lowered? Now it's about the height of a bench. I swear it used to be taller. There were some orange cones and some tape or set out to prevent people from getting too close. (wet paint? wet concrete?) At any rate, if I'm not crazy for thinking that it's been lowered, it looks much better at its current height than it did before.

At any rate, I do appreciate how 222 has brought a significant amount of non-nightlife retail to Glenwood South, even if it is largely chain fare.

I am actually glad DD is willing to try a small store off the typical stripped out highway like up near Highwoods. Granted it has all the shortcomings you pointed out Subway, I think it will do fine as lots of folks will sidle over for a doughnut and coffee for breakfast before work from 222, Paramount, soon Tucker and West. Hell, I eat a doughnut for dinner sometimes.

Archived