Downtown Jacksonville

bobliocatt

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RiversideGator you were right. I called them today and they said the Carling would not be ready in June like we were told, now they say it won't open until at least July. It looks like I'm going to be staying at E. Forsyth. That's too bad, because I had planned on taking pics of the Carling from the inside and posting them on here.

-J

RiversideGator you were right.  I called them today and they said the Carling would not be ready in June like we were told, now they say it won't open until at least July.  It looks like I'm going to be staying at E. Forsyth.  That's too bad, because I had planned on taking pics of the Carling from the inside and posting them on here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assuming your rental rate is about the same, I wouldn't feel too upset. I think 11E is a better building (though I've only seen the unfinished interior of the Carling). At any rate, 11E has a nice (tiny) rooftop deck with great views. You'll be able to take tons of awesome pictures from there. :)

Assuming your rental rate is about the same, I wouldn't feel too upset.

Yeah my rental rate will be the same. They are not charging me the regular rate or else my rate would have increased by $130 per month. They are trying to accommodate those who cannot wait until July. I start work in Jacksonville on June 20th, so I didn't really have much of choice. Plus, family members that agreed to help me move had already put in for vacation time. But overall, I am very satisfied, I just wanted a nice place close to work ( I hate traffic). When I put in my deposit for the Carling, they said 14 apartments had been reserved so far and that was back in March, so I'm wondering how many people they had to accommodate.

-J

Southbank Hilton sold

By CHRISTOPHER CALNAN, The Times-Union

A Virginia real estate investment trust said Monday it has an agreement to buy for $22 million the Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront, the city's fourth-largest hotel.

MHI Hospitality Corp., based in Williamsburg, Va., said it was buying the 292-room hotel on the Southbank from Maryland Hospitality and the AFL-CIO Building Investment Trust. It's unclear if the hotel will continue to operate as a Hilton.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...us_hilton.shtml

I always thought that Gate owned the Hilton property, not "Maryland Hospitality and the AFL-CIO Building Investment Trust." But regardless, let's hope that these new owners decide to build a skyscraper on that surface lot. :)

Plenty of room for a new building...

VW_NW.jpg

Maybe we will get luck and they will bulldoze it... build a nice water front hotel/marina and then put a 20-30 story mixed use high rise in the surface parking lot that lines riverside...

oh to have my way with downtown....

Cheers

I always thought that Gate owned the Hilton property, not "Maryland Hospitality and the AFL-CIO Building Investment Trust." But regardless, let's hope that these new owners decide to build a skyscraper on that surface lot. :)

VW_NW.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gate owns Riverplace Tower, which is next door to the Hilton.

Gate owns Riverplace Tower, which is next door to the Hilton

Why does that not suprise me??

The southbank is moving in leaps and bounds which is most certainly raising the value of the Riverplace tower, cousioning Payton's pockets. Does he have any financial interests on the northbank??

I think the market is there, but not at those prices. Those cockaboses in Cola started at like 45k years ago. Only now are they at the 200k range. They should have priced these at 180-220k. 300k is just too much for a team that has only a few years of tradition behind it.

Archived