COMPLETE: GTECH Center

Providence continues to have the lowest vacancy rate of the large New England cities (Hartford, New Haven, Boston, Worcester...) but continues to have low demand for that space. I think the demand in Providence is for offices of less than 50 people, looking for not necessarily Class A space. There are lots of small businesses that find it hard to find space. I think the business climate, at the state level really has to change before we see demand rise too much.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Providence continues to have the lowest vacancy rate of the large New England cities (Hartford, New Haven, Boston, Worcester...) but continues to have low demand for that space. I think the demand in Providence is for offices of less than 50 people, looking for not necessarily Class A space. There are lots of small businesses that find it hard to find space. I think the business climate, at the state level really has to change before we see demand rise too much.

• 1 month later...

Anyone happen to be "in the know" as to whether they are having any luck getting a tenant to fill the top two floors of the GTech Building? It seems like it should be highly desired Class A office space for someone. Drove by the building last night and noticed the lack of office lights on the top two floors...

Anyone happen to be "in the know" as to whether they are having any luck getting a tenant to fill the top two floors of the GTech Building? It seems like it should be highly desired Class A office space for someone. Drove by the building last night and noticed the lack of office lights on the top two floors...

• 1 month later...

The question has been circulating as to whether the GTech cube is still being lit. Apparently there was a several week period where the cube was not lit. Anyway, last night the cube was lit and it was that very pale blue/white color.

• 2 months later...

• 3 months later...
Prov Wash is located at the corner of Waterman and S. Main Street. It's red brick, 4 or 5 stories tall with a cupola on top across the street from First Baptist Meeting House at the base of College Hill. RISD bought it several years ago and has it's Continuing Education program there.

i think this may be incorrect. my old company (about 5 yrs ago now) had the address of One Prov Wash. Plaza and we were in the Hemenways bldg. before Brown bought it. Koffler Group sounds real familiar too from all my elevator stops goin up. I bet they have to get out at some point as Brown plans to occupy tha whole bldg eventually.

Archived