The Avenue

monsoon

They updated the website

Now it says Over 80% Sold. Great two-bedroom residences still available. Starting price form 300k

I guess they sold-out all the one bed room condos. I think it is great achivement ( selling 250+ units in 2 months) considering how FAP and Vue are struggling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is impressive, but it reflects the lower price point....I've said it over and over, you can sell almost unlimited units in downtown at this price, or at least the prices they initially announced.

I wouldn't say that FAP and The Vue are struggling. We are just used to see things 60% sold before they were announced due to a stockpile of names before the units go on sale.....

Hopefully this demand will convince Novare to go even taller on their next Church St. project.

Snapped these pics while driving by today. Is this the first sign of going vertical? This thing for some reason doesn't look like it belongs there, but its a start. Although, they are not done pouring concrete around the rebar collumns closer to the parking deck. Anyway, you can see them putting it together throughout the day on the webcam...

1-27-06001.jpg

1-27-06002.jpg

Thanks for the update, CATFAN. I'm glad Novare has done well here. Hopefully, it will lead to faster plans for their second, third, and fourth towers here.

Nice model, too. It is more realistic than the radioactive blue rendering on their website.

According to someone at the sales center, they originally planned to do the green-tint like most of their other buildings, but they had such positive response from their redering, they they decided to stick with a blue tint.....next time maybe they'll do green....give us some variety.

damn, construction is slow. Trademark will have have half the height before the second level on the Avenue is completed

I agree. I go by maybe once a week, and I'm consistently shocked how far they haven't gotten, when Trademark is already so high.

Thanks for posting a photo of this model. Unfortunately I am less impressed with the building now that we have a detailed model, than by the renderings that were shown earlier in this thread. It seems as if they took a what looked to be a fairly unique building (for Charlotte) and then "Charlottized" it by adding that brick faced base. It's almost as if the architect got caught down in trying to make the building appeal to a Southerner, and in the process slammed together two different styles that don't work together. I realize they had to make an accomidation to the automobile that buildings in more established cities don't pay hommage to, but I they could have pulled it off better than this. Well in any case the idea of having a 36 story condo tower in downtown is nice even if the implementation could have been better.

picture019invertedmedium0vd.jpg

I think I agree. I didn't really scrutize the model when it was first posted, but looking at it again, the brick looks more out of place and lame than it did in the electric blue rendering. At absolute minimimum, since they made the tower look so much like the IJL building, they should have faced the deck similarly to the IJL deck next door similar to low rise retail like Capital Grill and Zink's.

It is especially lame that they did it on both sides of the tower. If the northern side had been like an extension of the IJL deck, and they had just kept the brick for the corner of 5th and Church, It could have worked to look like a separate building. This just looks like architect had his hand slapped by an old lady in 4th Ward.

I must respectfully disagree with the comments about the building's base. So what if it is "Charlotte-ized"? It's in Charlotte after all:)

IMO the same tower design would have looked too modern on the street level, thereby breaking continuity with nearby 4th Ward's more traditional feel.

I'm liking the tower more and more, with each viewing. I hadn't realized how similar Avenue is to IJL. Together they should look terrific!

Thanks for posting a photo of this model. Unfortunately I am less impressed with the building now that we have a detailed model, than by the renderings that were shown earlier in this thread. It seems as if they took a what looked to be a fairly unique building (for Charlotte) and then "Charlottized" it by adding that brick faced base. It's almost as if the architect got caught down in trying to make the building appeal to a Southerner, and in the process slammed together two different styles that don't work together. I realize they had to make an accomidation to the automobile that buildings in more established cities don't pay hommage to, but I they could have pulled it off better than this. Well in any case the idea of having a 36 story condo tower in downtown is nice even if the implementation could have been better.

There was a similar comment and debate in June. http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...pic=5964&st=160

Hey! MM agrees with me. :yahoo:

I must respectfully disagree with the comments about the building's base. So what if it is "Charlotte-ized"? It's in Charlotte after all:)

IMO the same tower design would have looked too modern on the street level, thereby breaking continuity with nearby 4th Ward's more traditional feel.

I'm liking the tower more and more, with each viewing. I hadn't realized how similar Avenue is to IJL. Together they should look terrific!

I agree with you. Most of the nearby buildings, with the exception of IJL, are clad in brick (Discovery Place, the old Medical College that's now condos, the "Somebody Somebody Belk" parking structure..) I think they were being sensitive to the streetscape.

I find it to be particularly boring when every building looks like every other building. A visit to a more progressive city would show the advantage of not building every building to look like every other building. Charlotte has a lot of cookie cutter subdivisions, maybe it is befitting that we have cookie cutter skyscrapers too.

I would assume this has to do more with the 4th Ward neighborhood association rather than Novare......they use precast panels on every other parking strucutre that they've done.

I think it could look really well if executed right....modern rising out of older, but I think that to pull this off, the actual parking deck will need a bit more detail than the model indicates.

Archived