The Avenue

monsoon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called the Avenue this afternoon and was met with 2 rather large disappointments:

1) I was not selected in the first round of the lottery which was conducted this afternoon.

2) The price points for 2BR units are across the board much higher than I expected. These are the ranges they gave me from the 11th floor and up:

Floorplan #01: 360-430k

Floorplan #02: 420-490k

Floorplan #15: 355-395k

Floorplan #14: 401-470k

Floorplan #07: 380-465k

This time last year, a press release stated that two-bedroom units would range from just under 1,100 to slightly less than 1,300 square feet and sell from the $260,000s to $320,000s. Funny how a year later there isn't a single two bedroom unit even being offered within that range!

I guess that's not so much of a surprise. I was surprised when they offered those low prices originally. I'm guessing that a hot market and inflated cost of building materials did not help.

This time last year, a press release stated that two-bedroom units would range from just under 1,100 to slightly less than 1,300 square feet and sell from the $260,000s to $320,000s. Funny how a year later there isn't a single two bedroom unit even being offered within that range!

They are trying to get as much as they can before the real estate bubble pops. Its coming. When it does, you will get to buy one at much better prices. Keep your eyes on California.

Sorry if this rendering has been posted here before. This is the first time I have seen it.

I really like the look of this building, except for the brick facade at the base. I think it would have been better if they had managed to extend the gothic look on the parking deck over the rest of the base. But in any case the tower looks really nice in this rendering.

theAvenue.jpg

Yeah, this was posted and discussed a while ago when it first came out, but it is worthwhile to bring out again for others who haven't seen it.

I am worried that the fanciful radioactive blue color is just something to make the rendering look good, but that the real building will have glass like IJL and the others. If they really do have glass that is so bright in that blue color, I will be very happy.

I'm okay with the base, as it helps break up the block, and make it almost appear like separate buildings. You have a good point, though, that the architecture of IJL and the deck, and the Avenue tower, should have been applied to the Avenue Deck. It beats the pants off the Vue's deck facade, though.

For those interested in pricing, i've attended a sales metting and have recieved this email since.

----------------------------------------------------

Visit their website at http://www.AvenueUptown.com and click on "floor plans." Here are the prices ranges for each stack of condos: (as always, these are subject ti change)

01 : 357-426k

02 : 422-491k

03 : 235-281k

04 : 211-259k

05 : 188-244k

06 : 207-257k

07 : 379-463k

08 : 203-260k

09 : 204-259k

10 : 216-266k

11 : 170-209k

12 : 211-259k

13 : 215-261k

14 : 401-470k

15 : 355-395k

Top floor yet to priced, but is for sale

I think that they will sell 95% by the end of January ....and that's based on how long I think it will take them get people in signing contracts, and then holding a 2nd and possibly 3rd lottery. I saw a girl in there writing a check, so they've at least sold one.

I was in there the other day checking on my position in the lottery. The girl explained that they drew 500 names out of 1300. They were in the process of contacting those 500 people to see if they wanted to come in and buy one. Once they go through those 500 they will have their second lottery assuming the first isn't completely sold out.

Once your contacted you have to make an appointment to come in and purchase one. Depending on how long it takes to get those people in the office will determine how long it will take to sale out.

I'm thinking it's gone by the end of December.

Speaking of the Avenue....the increased the height of the crane this weekend......I think we will complete the first level of parking sometime around the end of the year.....the first level always takes the longest, as will the first level of residential (level 10).....I expect them to get to level 10 in March.

Archived